Author Topic: Remote deploy Contact Centre Client  (Read 775 times)

Offline wildwood

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Remote deploy Contact Centre Client
« on: March 20, 2019, 04:19:31 PM »
Hi,

I need to roll out contact centre client and Micollab client to about 500 users. Some of the users are remote so I also need to push out the MiVoiceBorderGatewayConnector.

I have worked out the silent install for Contact Center Client so can do that via a batch script however, I would like to be able to set the soft phone extension.

I have the MSI for the Micollab client but it looks like it installs per user and then you need to use the QR code. This feels that it's not going to work with users hot desking on different machines.

Finally MiVoiceBorderGatewayConnector installs but I can not set the connection.

I really don't want to have to manually do this on all the machines. Does anyone have a method of rolling these there products out. It feels like I can not be he first person who has done this.

Thanks

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Remote deploy Contact Centre Client
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
The only way we've figure out how to get around the QR code activation nonsense is to tell our customer test user to web-browse to the user portal. Once they click on it there they become activated.
What we want in a corporate environment is to roll out the software same as any other corporate software so all the users come in one morning and now they have MiCollab Client. There is no way they can click on links to install stuff (one of the top6 security no-nos) and no way we are going to spam thousands of people with activation links when the software should be installed activated by the admin back end, not user by user manually.
We've stuck with v7.3 so far, it can be packaged and deployed just like grown-up software.

Offline wildwood

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Remote deploy Contact Centre Client
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 08:58:06 AM »
Thats a shame. Did you find a way to do the contact centre client?

Can you explain this

The only way we've figure out how to get around the QR code activation nonsense is to tell our customer test user to web-browse to the user portal. Once they click on it there they become activated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10