Author Topic: Mac address and licensing  (Read 1975 times)

Offline tjaski

• View Profile
Mac address and licensing
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:24:43 AM »
Hello All,
This is all totally new so i will start from the beginning. We have a mi office 250, the software "Mivoice Office 250 System Administration and Diagnostics" tool is loaded onto win7pro machine. It has issues where if the win7 gets updates and restarts, the network card never starts up and i have to manually start it, so i have disabled win updates. I havd a issue where i tried to change the network card and i got a "Unable to create session as there are no licenses available"
I was then told,

From the manual regarding MAC addresses and licensing:

It is recommended to use the MAC address that is the main IP address for the server for LAN use. If the MAC address changes or is removed after activation for any reason then the license will become invalid and the system will stop working.

The issue appeared to happen not long after the WCF service was started up which is one point when the licensing is checked:
An engineer had to be called in to fix it.......

Now i want to virtualize this machine, but i guess the same issue is going to happen....

Question is where do i "fix it" and what do i have to do?
As it seems every time i breath, its, "we need to send an engineer"...

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mac address and licensing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 03:36:17 PM »
I am confused at the issue here... Is the MSA&D software not working, or something else? The Mitel System Administration and Diagnostic software does not have or need a license of any kind.  Where is this error occurring and does it occur on another machine?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »
This sounds like you're running Mitel Phone Manager or MiVoice Office Application Suite.

Yes the license is tied to the MAC address of the PC/Server and I believe you will  need to get someone involved to release it.

Offline tjaski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 05:30:56 AM »
Hello, Thanks for the help,...On the pc it runs "Mivoice Office 250 System Administration and Diagnostics" this talks to the mitel HX controller.
I have virtualized the machine, gave it the same ip and mac address in the Hyper v settings, unplugged the existing win 7 machine which it resides on. then rebooted a client machine which starts up its own version of phonemanager v5 with outlook integration.
Phones do work but each users version on phonemanager on their machines displays "Unable to create session as there are no licenses available"

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:38:00 AM »
tjaski,

I believe that you are a little confused as to what you actually have going on there.

The MiVoice Office System Administration and Diagnostics [SA&D] is a software tool that allows you to access many web tools and features along with database programming.

The MiVoice Office Application Suite [MOAS] is a server application that runs on Windows to provide features outside of the phone system. Presence, Call Recording, Call Accounting, Routing, 69xx series phones, etc..

I believe what you have is a MOAS that someone also placed SA&D software on for convenience, but when you posted your request it became confusing to read since you were talking about the wrong thing.

You will probably need to get your vendor out to make sure the licenses are up to date and the heartbeat is being registered by the license server, but you could try to update the license yourself if you have the engineering password.

Thanks,

TE

Offline tjaski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 05:32:10 AM »
Thanks for that and sorry for the confusion as i really know squat about phone systems, this was left to another company to install, i just look after windows servers....
Licenses are up to date as on the real machine everything is fine, but as i said when i switch this off and run the cloned virtual machine in the server i get "Unable to create session as there are no licenses available" from each pc users phonemanager pop up.
I just need to understand and know where to change the,

From the manual regarding MAC addresses and licensing:
It is recommended to use the MAC address that is the main IP address for the server for LAN use.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10