Author Topic: Office 365 VM and 3300  (Read 2709 times)

Offline jsgrossk

• View Profile
Office 365 VM and 3300
« on: March 17, 2019, 01:34:48 PM »
Looking for some suggestions. I am currently running Exchange 2013 and have my 3300 connected to send VM messages to that server. It has worked well for years. The speech to text works well and there is connectivity between the message and the A/D user. However Microsoft is phasing that out and I need a replacement. We are moving to Office365 this year and I was going to use an SBC and connect to exchange online but THAT is also being phased out Dec 2019.

Now I understand, Microsoft has moved to Cloud VM and Teams or Skype for Business. I'm fine using that but not sure what I need on my Mitel System to have this connect to Office365 Skype online. Can anyone tell me? I keep finding things lime MiConnect or MiVoice but nothing definitively says this will connect to O365 teams or Skype and give me the UM I need. 

My Mitel vendor suggested Nupoint VM with Muteli speech to text but that is another subscription and I'd be sending my VM to another server before bringing back to my server. I'll do that but I want to explore all options.

If anyone can make a suggestion or tell me what I need from Mitel then I can go to my vendor and ask them to assist in getting this for me.

Thanks

Offline ITMgr5

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Office 365 VM and 3300
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:28:37 PM »
I've been researching a similar question and very interested if someone has an answer. We are upgrading to Office 365 and I would like to integrate our Mitel 3300 system with Microsoft Teams. Wondering if Mitel has plans to support this scenario and if so what time frame.

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 05:39:51 PM »
I have done that recently when we moved to O365. I used SNMP local server and created SNMP relay and then went to my O365 admin client and created a connector to connect to it. on the Mitel system, you can put your local SNMP server IP address. you may have to modify your DNS records to prevent messages to be sent as spam.

I can provide more details on the setup if you guys need.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »
I have done that recently when we moved to O365. I used SNMP local server and created SNMP relay and then went to my O365 admin client and created a connector to connect to it. on the Mitel system, you can put your local SNMP server IP address. you may have to modify your DNS records to prevent messages to be sent as spam.

Think you mean SMTP, but you can also use MSL as a smarthost for the relay if you  don't already have a SMTP relay

Offline nMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:17:53 AM »
Yes, I meant SMTP Thank you Johnp. and yes you are right you can use smarthost for the relay, I used hmail.

Offline ITMgr5

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 12:40:35 PM »
I mis-read the OP. I'm really looking for full Mitel telephony integration with Teams. The UC experience provided by Teams with Mitel servers as the back-end for voice functionality. Basically replacing micollab.

I've heard this was possible with Skype and wondering if it's on the radar screen for Teams.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »
Any idea if Mitel is planning to add functionality to MBG to integrate with MS Teams for Direct Routing? Possibly be one of the certified Session Border Controllers on this list?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/direct-routing-border-controllers

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10