Author Topic: SX200 ML how to translate incoming digits PRI  (Read 1362 times)

Offline akmohawk

• View Profile
SX200 ML how to translate incoming digits PRI
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »
Hello,
working thru a PRI install on a ML.  receiving 4 digits from telco, they are the last 4 of admin ext's so that is an easy one but the main number is not in the range.  its 1001, so i tried in form 15 to set N to 4 and m to 1 so the system would send on 3 digits.  Then in abbrev dial i set my index to 001 and sent to Incoming LDN of 5200 which i put on my console.  No workie, seems the messenger wants to answer instead.  What am i doing wrong here?  is this the only way to do a digit translation?

Dan

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SX200 ML how to translate incoming digits PRI
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
Abbreviated dial has an access code in and of itself. can you not put 1001 as an LDN on the console?

Offline akmohawk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:50:10 PM »
The 1001 on the ldn was a great idea and i just went to try it and realized these is a room 1001 so I have a conflict.  What do you mean the abbreviated dial has an access of its own, what am i missing in trying to send my incoming call to it?

Dan

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 09:55:17 AM »
There are three ways to handle DID's on the SX-200:

1) Make the extensions of EVERYTHING match the last X digits of the DID DNIS digits (use number of digits and absorb as necessary) - This is good if you can match up everything or have very old software (think floppy disc based)

2) Use Abbreviated Dial form... In form 15, set the N to the number of digits, then set Absorb or bring the length down to to 3 or 4, then use Insert to add the Abbreviated Dial access code. Now in the Abbreviated dial form, you add the 3-4 digits of the DID as the Index number, and set the destination as the extension. - This was the most common way to do DID's in the SX200 up through about ICP release 3 or 4.

5) Use System DID Routing Table - Very similar to #2, except in the DID routing table you put the entire digits received from the carrier, this became available in ICP release 4 or 5.

You must pick ONE way to do it, you cannot do some like #1 and some #2, they must all be the same.

Offline akmohawk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 09:52:36 PM »
Outstanding!!  Ace, method 2 was the info i was missing, the abbreviated dial access code, inserted this and all is right in my world right now!!

Thank you.

Offline akmohawk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 09:55:18 PM »
John, it appears you told me this too but the synapses where not clicking i guess, thanks also.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:45 PM »
John, it appears you told me this too but the synapses where not clicking i guess, thanks also.

I think i did :-) not as good as Ace, but I think he is a bit younger and definitely has more patience than I do. My way of teaching does require the learner to look in the manual and I believe it is better than doing all the work and making it easy.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »

I think i did :-) not as good as Ace, but I think he is a bit younger and definitely has more patience than I do. My way of teaching does require the learner to look in the manual and I believe it is better than doing all the work and making it easy.
Careful now...  ;)

I might be younger or maybe not, but I have taught a lot of techs to work on the SX200 from way back in the days of Generic 1001 and find it is usually easier to give techs a little direction and let them figure it out themselves. That said, the SX200 manuals are among the best I have ever seen.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10