Author Topic: New MiCollab Application on PC and Mobiles  (Read 1584 times)

Offline rhys.ci.hughes

• View Profile
New MiCollab Application on PC and Mobiles
« on: March 16, 2019, 04:10:22 AM »
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone know a show a company calling / external customer on the MiCollab application?

We can’t use calendar integration so can a file of sorts be place in a certain location on a PC / Mobile for the contacts to then show under the Personal tab.

The deal phones work fine as we can add the numbers on the Telephone Directory and use the phone book option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New MiCollab Application on PC and Mobiles
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »
Not sure what you are asking

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 06:24:11 PM »
I think he wants the MiCollab Directory to provide external contacts.
I'd love to know how to do this, too.

Presumably you could provision your external contacts as AD objects, then provision them as non-phone users into MiCollab, but I'm not sure they would be diallable and in any case, that wouldn't really work I don't think.

How does Skype do it I wonder?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:29:39 PM »
In the past I have setup where you add the company as a user and in MiCollab add a phone with their caller id. I usually add some zz in front of their name so they are at the bottom of the corporte directory.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 06:26:10 AM »
I spoke to Mitel about the whole external contacts/personal contacts in MiCollab Release 8+. I even raised a feature design request with them as we, as well as customers were becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of ability to easily control/create your own personal contacts in the new MiCollab PC client, especially as the 7.3 client let you do this!!

Essentially they came back with an answer, you have the following options:

Sync with an existing AD server
Create an external LDAP server
Sync with outlook personal contacts
Sync with Windows 10 people app
Or.. use a work around by creating dummy users through MiCollab which link to external speedcalls

There is no way for users to control or create their own personal contacts in the new MiCollab PC client, or for the client to sync directly with the existing telephone directory on the MiVoice Business, which personally I find absurd as you can have a mixture of softphones and deskphones in the same business that arent able to see the same telephone directory, its a tough one to explain the reasons behind that when a customer asks..

Anyway, I was told something along the lines of.. thats how it is, live with it :)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
Certainly the personal contact ability lacks what should be user control, not really personal IMHO

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 09:22:15 PM »

What are these options? I've never seen a document that explains the configuration steps to sync with AD/LDAP to create an external contacts directory for MiCollab Client users.
There are tabs in MiCollab Client for "Corporate directory", "personal", and one other I forgot, maybe "Favourites". What we want is a 4th tab called "External Contacts" which we populate on the server side somehow.

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 12:31:22 AM »

What are these options? I've never seen a document that explains the configuration steps to sync with AD/LDAP to create an external contacts directory for MiCollab Client users.
There are tabs in MiCollab Client for "Corporate directory", "personal", and one other I forgot, maybe "Favourites". What we want is a 4th tab called "External Contacts" which we populate on the server side somehow.

You set the LDAP configuration up under Integrated Directory Service. Once you have mapped your Attribute mappings correctly and synced it will come through into your Corporate Directory.
We called ours 'External.Directory'

The way Mitel handles the ability to handle all of this is horrendous tbqh. I have sent in DRs before that end up nowhere.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 02:03:09 AM »
I was afraid of fiddling with that in case I broke my AD synchronisation for users.

I take it I "add" a new connection and configure it just to look for the external contacts objects I can add to AD?

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 06:13:14 AM »

You set the LDAP configuration up under Integrated Directory Service. Once you have mapped your Attribute mappings correctly and synced it will come through into your Corporate Directory.
We called ours 'External.Directory'

The way Mitel handles the ability to handle all of this is horrendous tbqh. I have sent in DRs before that end up nowhere.

Exactly Vince, I would love to see that, Mitel refuse to recognise it as a valid issue or feature that people want. A 4th tab in the MiCollab contacts for "external" would be ideal.

To be honest, I've never used the AD/LDAP side of things to add external contacts for similar reasons and also for a lot of customers this just isn't an option.

The conclusion I have come to is that unless you actually do use AD or LDAP there is no way to bulk provision a list of external contacts for users within MiCollab.

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »
I was afraid of fiddling with that in case I broke my AD synchronisation for users.

I take it I "add" a new connection and configure it just to look for the external contacts objects I can add to AD?

We are using an Unbuntu box with OpenLDAP on it to do this, it doesn't touch anything with AD sync for SSO etc.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2019, 07:07:51 PM »
Nice to know, anyone tried adding users to a MSL and using it as the LDAP?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10