Author Topic: SIP Licensing  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
SIP Licensing
« on: March 14, 2019, 12:01:39 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 system and recently purchased SIP 6900 series phones. However, in dealing with our vendor, it seems like we have to purchase two licenses, one for the Mitel phone system (Category F licenses) and another for Phone Manager. Is all of this really required? I currently have phones that show up with features like DND listed as "unlicensed", but it seems silly to me that I have to buy a Phone Manager license for do not disturb to work???

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SIP Licensing
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
We have a Mitel 5000 system and recently purchased SIP 6900 series phones. However, in dealing with our vendor, it seems like we have to purchase two licenses, one for the Mitel phone system (Category F licenses) and another for Phone Manager. Is all of this really required? I currently have phones that show up with features like DND listed as "unlicensed", but it seems silly to me that I have to buy a Phone Manager license for do not disturb to work???
The 6900 series SIP endpoints for the Mitel 5000 are unique endpoints, they are not true SIP and are not true MiNet, they use the Phone Manager server to emulate several MiNet functions on a specialized SIP firmware. So the answer to your question is yes, you need a license in Phone Manager AND the Mitel MiVoice Office 250 (I assume that is the system you mean, as the 5000 is no longer the old 5000). Plus you need fairly recent firmware on both the phone manager and MiVO250, although I can't remember off the top of my head what versions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:06:03 AM by acejavelin »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:42:16 PM »
I still don't understand why folks are buying 6900 series phones for use with this platform.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 10:06:38 AM »
I still don't understand why folks are buying 6900 series phones for use with this platform.
I agree... We have largely stopped selling the MiVO 250 because of the push this way.  :(

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 07:15:44 AM »
Guys,

Same here, I don't get selling the 69xx series phones on the MiVO-250. The answer I got as to why they won't make them MiNet phones is because the screen can't be supported by the MiVO-250.

We have gone back to selling digital phones on this system for small customers and for medium/large we sell the 3300 now.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »
The weakest link on the HX platform is the endpoints. The current digital offerings are crap, and the IP phones are crazy stupid expensive. It’s almost like Mitel is sun-setting the platform, starting at the desktop.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10