Author Topic: Intertel5000 CS-5200  (Read 723 times)

Offline Rmitel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Intertel5000 CS-5200
« on: March 08, 2019, 05:03:07 PM »
Hi

For any of you 'legacy' guys out there :)

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get CallerID to work through the onboard LS port for a normal PSTN connection or is it only the expansion cards that do that?  (System is an intertel CS-5200, I know its old)

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Intertel5000 CS-5200
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 08:16:37 PM »
Legacy guys - I like that better than old farts.

I've still got about 30 CS systems in service, but none of them have Caller ID enabled on any of the built-in LS ports. Whenever possible, I sized systems to not use the built-in ports. It's much easier to swap a bad card than to swap the entire chassis.

Having said that, I can't recall any limitations.

Edit: I just noticed you're from the UK. What version software do you have?

From the Help file:

MiVoice Office 250 Release 6.1 allows the decoding of Calling Line Identification (CLID) information in countries which use variations of BT CLIP (British Telecom Calling Line Identification Presentation) signaling on analog trunks. BT CLIP supports the delivery of Caller ID information on analog trunks in the UK, and the standard is commonly known as BT CLIP. BT CLIP is an on-hook capability that provides the user with information about the caller before actually answering a call.

A new trunk Service Type and timer parameters are added in MiVoice Office 250 Database Programming to support BT CLIP. BT CLIP replaces ETSI DTMF Caller ID. When configuring a Loop Start trunk, the Service Type options now include Bellcore FSK Caller ID and British Telecom FSK.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:21:04 PM by DND ON »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Intertel5000 CS-5200
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 06:56:14 AM »
Rmitel,

It shouldn't matter the software version you are on as I believe all versions of the CS controllers built-in ports had access to Caller ID, but whether it works in the UK is another matter

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Trunks: Open up the ports associated with the built-in ones. If it just shows Caller ID than that is used for US Caller ID.

I noticed it wasn't until 6.0 that the ETSI and Bellcore options were added, and as DND ON stated in 6.1 they changed ETSI to British Telecom FSK. Unfortunately, any version above 6.1 is not supported on the CS Controller.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10