Author Topic: PSAP Sit tone  (Read 964 times)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PSAP Sit tone
« on: March 07, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »
I have a customer who has cesids that when called ring certain ring groups when called for 911 call back. They seem to be getting robo calls, they cannot add the numbers to the do not call list. My suggestion is to run the call back through a call director box that plays a sit tone ala tele-zapper then transfer to the group. Has anyone tried this? if so are there issues? I would and do assume that there wouldn't be any as the tele zapper would cause the same issue with 911 operators.

Any thoughts are gratefully aprerciated.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: PSAP Sit tone
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 10:49:07 AM »
Why can't they add the number to DNC? (not that it would matter for robo calls, but just curious).

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:33:38 PM »
Government entity, seems it isn't allowed for hem according to my contact as that was my first suggestion

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 11:44:41 PM »
They don't work anymore... Most of these are all SIP based now days, so they are just looking at the SIP responses and don't even listen for tones. We had something similar setup for a customer using the Inter-tel Axxess Voicemail system at one time on a line that got LOTS of telemarketer robo calls, it worked really well initially in the early 2000's, but gradually quit working as years went on and around 2012 (?) we upgraded that system to a 5000 and migrated it over to that and it still seemed to work sometimes. A few years ago they switched to SIP trunks, seemed to have no effect after that and we turned it off a year or so later.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10