Author Topic: One Way Audio Problem  (Read 1069 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
One Way Audio Problem
« on: March 07, 2019, 02:25:56 PM »
Hello,

I recently migrated a VPN branch over to vMCD. Ever since then if a customer calls our contact center then they transfer that person over to vpn site there's one way audio. I can hear the user at the vpn location but they cannot hear me. The call into the CC is on a PRI. I've done several different test between the vpn site and CC and no other combo gives me one way audio. I found old posts about SIP and one way but not PRI. The CC phones are also on vMCD. It appears to be all phones in the CC and all phones at VPN site. Is there some logs that could help me in this situation on vMCD?

thanks,

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: One Way Audio Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 02:50:17 PM »
vpn site there's one way audio

If its accross a vpn then there will be roputers in the way and ports that will be blocked. First check is that all the required ports are open on all routers and layer three switches.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »
vpn site there's one way audio

If its accross a vpn then there will be roputers in the way and ports that will be blocked. First check is that all the required ports are open on all routers and layer three switches.

This location has always been a VPN site so why would changing their phones from a local PBX to the vMCD be different if my routing was not setup properly? If I was blocking ports related to voice I would think there would be more issues other than one way audio on only inbound transfer calls and only from CC. My phone is also on vMCD and if I call our help desk which hasn't been migrated yet and they transfer me to vpn location we hear each other just fine.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 04:03:29 PM »
I did some more testing and when I called the help desk's external number which sits on a different PRI I can get to VPN site and they hear me just fine. If I call another DID off the same PRI that our CC 800 is tied to and get transferred its one way audio again. Could this be a provider issue or local hardware issue on that controller that has the PRI?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:10:19 AM »
Are calls in and out of the PRI OK both ways and only fail when you transfer? If so that proves to me the PRI is not the issue. That leaves the way it is routed differently from the successful call transfer on the other PRI. How is the VPN set up? Have you got full control of it? I agree its odd the VPN works for one pri but not the other but as I say , if its working for one fine and the not the other but both are ok in to the vMCD then can you test and see if a call transferred externally but not to the VPN works. If it does it confirms my thinking. If not then it may be the PRI.

Are both PRI's on the same controller? If not then a simple swap of PRI's will prove a hardware fault.

If you can call the VPN site directly does that not prove that the sites controller is fine? If so then the fault has to be on the vpn. How is the vpn set up? It could be coincidence that a network change somewhere has occoured at the same time of the changeover. Did the fault occur immediately or was there a time lapse before the problem occurred?

Or of course I could be completely wrong.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:41:43 AM »
Are calls in and out of the PRI OK both ways and only fail when you transfer? If so that proves to me the PRI is not the issue. That leaves the way it is routed differently from the successful call transfer on the other PRI. How is the VPN set up? Have you got full control of it? I agree its odd the VPN works for one pri but not the other but as I say , if its working for one fine and the not the other but both are ok in to the vMCD then can you test and see if a call transferred externally but not to the VPN works. If it does it confirms my thinking. If not then it may be the PRI.

Are both PRI's on the same controller? If not then a simple swap of PRI's will prove a hardware fault.

If you can call the VPN site directly does that not prove that the sites controller is fine? If so then the fault has to be on the vpn. How is the vpn set up? It could be coincidence that a network change somewhere has occoured at the same time of the changeover. Did the fault occur immediately or was there a time lapse before the problem occurred?

Or of course I could be completely wrong.

Yes, calls in and out of PRI are fine. I'm testing with two different PRIs on separate PBXs. I have several sites all on DMVPN and yes I have full control of everything. If I call a DID off PRI A and have them transfer me to VPN location we can hear each other. If I do same test of PRI B we cannot hear each other. I can hear them only. This all broke right around the time I moved VPN users off their local controller and point them back to vMCD in our Data Center. At this point I don't think it's the PRI and more a routing issue. 

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 01:59:22 PM »
At this point I don't think it's the PRI and more a routing issue.

Which is where I started. ports and routers.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »
Is the remote site in the trusted network range on the vMCD?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10