Author Topic: Phone Manager - contact cards within Business units  (Read 747 times)

Offline LukeD

• View Profile
Phone Manager - contact cards within Business units
« on: March 04, 2019, 08:30:06 AM »
Hi there

I'm looking to find a way to add contacts to a business unit within Phone Manager (4.3)....is this even possible?

The reason being is that the receptionist will view phone manager in full screen on one monitor and uses the business units structure to transfer calls. Once upon a time sale people had a desk phone, but after a time they just had the number forward to their mobile. So essentially the extensions are just call forwarders, which its been like for years. However, because of this, it stops us from reallocating those extensions (extensions & DDI numbers match up).

We also have the mobile numbers as system speed dials and I know you can search on them in phone manager, but we would like the numbers to appear within the business units - this helps, when we have a temp in, so they can see all the sales people groups within the 'Sales' business unit thats been created.

I've tried creating an account, not allocating a primary extension and adding the mobile number to the 'Outside Numbers' section, but that didn't work. They just appear as offline and clicking on them does nothing (right click, call control, dial is greyed out).

Can this be done?

Many thanks

Luke

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Phone Manager - contact cards within Business units
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 10:39:14 AM »
You are probably going to have to use Phantoms to achieve this.

New phantom extn with corresponding user set up for mobile twinning etc.

You could then add this into the correct business group.

Offline LukeD

• View Profile
Re: Phone Manager - contact cards within Business units
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
You are probably going to have to use Phantoms to achieve this.

New phantom extn with corresponding user set up for mobile twinning etc.

You could then add this into the correct business group.

Yep, that was what we had to do in the end.

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10