Author Topic: Mitel SX-200 CESID  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
Mitel SX-200 CESID
« on: February 28, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »
I am deploying location specific e911 calling on an SX-200. I have done this before on a 3300. I have updated my ISP and updated the CESID on Form 09 for all the phones. What else do I need to do. I assume i need to do something on COS of the phone, COS of the trunk, or system options.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel SX-200 CESID
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:53:27 PM »
Emergency Calls (911) - Reporting to PSAP
Description
This feature allows you to assign a Customer Emergency Services Identification (CESID) number to an extension. For each 911 call, the SX-200 system transmits the caller's CESID number to the network. The 911 Selection Router in the network then routes the call to the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP).
The PSAP stores information, such as name, address, postal code, general location, and so forth, for telephone users in an Automatic Line Information (ALI) database. The PSAP uses the CESID number that you have assigned to an extension to locate the user's information in the ALI database.
Conditions
The following conditions apply to this feature
•   The CESID functionality requires the PRI card or the ISDN PRI Application Software Release 6.0 or greater software.
•   The CESID number is provided by the public network administrator.
•   The CESID number can be a maximum of 10 digits in length (0-9).
•   The CESID number is only sent to the network for a 911 call.
•   The CESID number is the only information sent to PSAP from the PBX.
•   An AIM device uses the CESID number that is assigned to the host DNIC set.
•   A single CESID number may be used for more than one extension that is physically located together.
•   CESID transmission requires an ISDN trunk. Therefore, you must dedicate ISDN trunks for 911 calls. If you do not dedicate an ISDN trunk, the 911 call will not go through if all ISDN trunks are busy. 
•   The SETUP message, in the Calling Party Number information element of the ISDN protocol contains the CESID.
•   CAMA (Centralized Automatic Message Accounting) equipment does not support CESID transmission.
•   You must provide the information data to the ALI database administrator initially, and for all future additions, moves, and changes associated with the CESID number. For example, if you move a user you must inform the administrator of the new location.
•   The CESID number is sent to the network only with a 911 call. The CESID number is not dependant upon the Emergency label in ARS. The Emergency designation in ARS will not cause an alarm.
•   The *03 number sequence must be programmed in the Digits To Be Inserted Field in Form 22 (ARS: Modified Digit Tablef) for all emergency 911 entry numbers, to allow the CESID to pass through.
•   Form 9 and Form 7 store the name, extension number, CESID number, and the location for each extension number. The location is in the COMMENTS field with "@" as its first character. The information in the COMMENTS field appears on the attendant console and the SUPERSET telephones (Mitel 5020, 5220, 5224, and 5324 IP Phones, and SUPERSET 4125, SUPERSET 4025, and SUPERSET 4150 telephones). 
•   The name, extension number, location, and the CESID of the extension numbers can be printed from Form 32 (CDE Data Print) by using the entries in Forms 09 (Desktop Device Assignments), or 07 (Console Assignments). The printout could then be provided to the ALI database administrator for input into the ALI database.
Programming
To assign a CESID number to an extension on a station or a SUPERSET telephone
•   In Form 9, select the SHOW CESID softkey. The CESID field appears.
 •   Enter the CESID number for the extension in the CESID field. The number can be a maximum of 10 digits (0-9).
To assign a CESID number to an extension on a console
•   In Form 7, enter the CESID number in the CESID field. 
Notes:
1.   To allow the CESID to pass through, make sure that the *03 number sequence is programmed in the Digits To Be Inserted Field in Form 22 (ARS: Modified Digit Table) for all emergency 911 entry numbers.
2.   To allow the attendant console or subattendant  to detect  the 911 call,  *4 delimiters must be programmed in Form 22, before and after th e *03.
Operation
Dial 911.

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 01:14:33 PM »
ok so *4*03*4 on the modified digit for the emergency dialing rule. Sounds easy. I will give it a try and test.

Offline mcain

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 01:25:05 PM »

Does this depend on the carrier or connection type?
My carrier (Masergy with SIP truck) requires the number come through in E.164 format.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 11:32:01 AM »

Does this depend on the carrier or connection type?
My carrier (Masergy with SIP truck) requires the number come through in E.164 format.
No, this is a limitation of the system... And the SX-200 doesn't support SIP trunks so your SIP gateway should be able to (and should be already) handling this conversion from NANP to E.164

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10