Author Topic: Setup 2 extension numbers but only 1 is showing in micollab  (Read 2131 times)

Offline javaman34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Setup 2 extension numbers but only 1 is showing in micollab
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:01:05 AM »
I have recently setup 2 extension numbers for a user (via Mivoice business) but when I check the micollab client it only shows  1 extension number. Anybody who knows how to let the 2nd phone number to appear in micollab show me how to do it? The User is already set on Multidevice.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Setup 2 extension numbers but only 1 is showing in micollab
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »
How did you exactly set this up? On the Micollab does the user show both? Is it going to be a member of his MDUG? General idea of multi device is one number rings all and only one is published since most cannot be called directly.

Offline javaman34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:05:46 AM »
How did you exactly set this up? On the Micollab does the user show both? Is it going to be a member of his MDUG? General idea of multi device is one number rings all and only one is published since most cannot be called directly.

I setup 1 number (Desk Phone)first then on the user profile I added another number (Phone Service). In the Micollab it only shows the desk phone number but in the mivoice business the user have 2 numbers. So do I need to change from Multi device to Full?

Thanks for the reply. :)

Offline Tom2018

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 03:56:56 AM »
Hi,

normally additional phones should create over the MiCollab Server (User and Services).
If the device isn't show you could try a Sync with the MiVB over the MiCollab Client Service -> Configure MiCollab Client Service -> PBX nodes -> Sync

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »
As Tom mentioned, if you are using a MiCollab server then the users and the devices should be configured on the MiCollab server through "Users and Services" rather than the MiVoice Business.

When you create the user through here you get the option to add the second device and it can create the multi-device user group automatically for you. It will also add the devices in there for you.

Normally if you have two devices, I would setup the first device with an extension number and it would automatically derive the second for you, e.g.

1000 for deskphone
1*000 for softphone

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 09:44:33 PM »
It could be that this isn't sharing between Micollab and MCD. You can go into Micollab service and under pbx nodes, do a sync and after refreshing to verify completion look at this user under accounts. Also has this second extension been added to the MDUG?

Offline javaman34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 05:47:49 AM »
It could be that this isn't sharing between Micollab and MCD. You can go into Micollab service and under pbx nodes, do a sync and after refreshing to verify completion look at this user under accounts. Also has this second extension been added to the MDUG?

Hi johnp,

I did a sync on the pbx nodes and check the user account, the 2 extension is there but when I check the MDUG, the second extension is not added. Maybe is it due to the "Default Attribute Mappings" parameter settings? I will give it a try to change some parameters.

Offline javaman34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 05:56:46 AM »
Hi,

normally additional phones should create over the MiCollab Server (User and Services).
If the device isn't show you could try a Sync with the MiVB over the MiCollab Client Service -> Configure MiCollab Client Service -> PBX nodes -> Sync

Hi Tom2018

Did what you told me, still the same results, the user got the 2 extension numbers but in the MCD only 1 number is registered there. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 07:00:44 PM »
When you created the extension, I think you should have added it to his MDUG.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »
When you create it in MiCollab Server, if you create it as "Service Level: Multi-Device", I think that should make sure it goes into the MDUG.
If you are using a number like 1*000 to represent an external number (eg somebody's mobile phone) then you tick the "External Hot Desk Licence".

Offline Tom2018

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 03:12:49 AM »
Hi javaman,

maybe you send some screenshots to clarify the situation.
Helpfull will be a screen from the MDUG and the MiCollab Client Service

regards,

Offline javaman34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »
A million thanks to you guys for the help, I have fix the problem because of your inputs. Here is what I have done, From the Micollab Server -->Micollab Client Service -->Accounts (select User account) -->Phone Numbers --> Select Type, Add extension number and label (make sure the publish box is tick) then click Create. Save the User Profile and then on the Micollab Client  -->Resync corporate directory.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10