Author Topic: Exception 2@94396744 Error on Mitel 5312  (Read 2851 times)

Offline Soloboy

• View Profile
Exception 2@94396744 Error on Mitel 5312
« on: February 26, 2019, 05:46:29 AM »
Good morning,afternoon and evening forum members depending on where you are located.

My issue has to do with mitel phones model 5312 which recently had it's PABX  (Mitel MXE 3300) operating system upgraded. Some of the phone completed the boot process but others fail to finish. The phone returned an error message "Exception 2@94396744".

After failing that, the PABX operating system was reverted back to the older version. Even by doing so, there was no change and the same error occurred.

Any idea what this error means and how to go about  it?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Exception 2@94396744 Error on Mitel 5312
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 03:26:41 PM »
Good morning,afternoon and evening forum members depending on where you are located.

My issue has to do with mitel phones model 5312 which recently had it's PABX  (Mitel MXE 3300) operating system upgraded. Some of the phone completed the boot process but others fail to finish. The phone returned an error message "Exception 2@94396744".

After failing that, the PABX operating system was reverted back to the older version. Even by doing so, there was no change and the same error occurred.

Something happened during the upgrade and the firmware was corrupted, most likely the phones were reset/rebooted during the firmware upgrade process and are likely ruined.

That said, two things to try before sending them to the trash...

1) Perform a factory reset of the phone. Go into the Tools & Features menu at boot (hold a Volume key down while applying power)  and press No until you get to Restore Defaults, then select Yes, and Yes again to confirm.

2) (Note, this is undocumented) Wipe and reload the Main Load. This requires working DHCP for all options (no static assignments). Go to the same place (Tools & Features Menu) and go to Diagnostics and select Yes, then at the "Last Asset/Except" prompt, press Volume Up arrow and the display will show "Erase Main Load" and chose Select. The phone will format the internal main load storage area and reboot. The display will go blank for a bit then the regular boot sequence will start at the top of the screen and it will pull the main load via TFTP. Once it flashes and completes it will restart.

If neither of those brings the phone back into service, it is ready for the recycle bin unfortunately. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:35:45 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Soloboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:30:47 AM »
Thanks alot for your handy tip! The solution worked perfectly fine and the phones are back in operation after downloading the new firmware. Am glad it's over now!! ;D ;D

Offline Soloboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 03:43:13 AM »

Something happened during the upgrade and the firmware was corrupted, most likely the phones were reset/rebooted during the firmware upgrade process and are likely ruined.

That said, two things to try before sending them to the trash...

1) Perform a factory reset of the phone. Go into the Tools & Features menu at boot (hold a Volume key down while applying power)  and press No until you get to Restore Defaults, then select Yes, and Yes again to confirm.

2) (Note, this is undocumented) Wipe and reload the Main Load. This requires working DHCP for all options (no static assignments). Go to the same place (Tools & Features Menu) and go to Diagnostics and select Yes, then at the "Last Asset/Except" prompt, press Volume Up arrow and the display will show "Erase Main Load" and chose Select. The phone will format the internal main load storage area and reboot. The display will go blank for a bit then the regular boot sequence will start at the top of the screen and it will pull the main load via TFTP. Once it flashes and completes it will restart.

If neither of those brings the phone back into service, it is ready for the recycle bin unfortunately.

Thanks bro. I went for the second option after the first one failed to nail the coffin. And this one worked wonders and as i speak we are back in business!!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 07:52:46 AM »

Thanks bro. I went for the second option after the first one failed to nail the coffin. And this one worked wonders and as i speak we are back in business!!
You're welcome... Glad it worked!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10