Author Topic: No Audio on Teleworker phone in conversation  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Labroy74

• Contributer
  • "It should just work!"
    • View Profile
No Audio on Teleworker phone in conversation
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
Hi all, can somebody point me in the right direction. My regular 250 guy is on leave in another country so the job has fallen to me.  I programmed the extn (5330 handset) and have set port forwarding rules also. The handset logs in and looks perfectly fine. It has dial tone when I go off hook, but when I make or receive a call, I get no audio. I believe I have all of my system programming ok, but the firewall is out of my hands. I have been assured the forwarding has been done correctly, but I have no way of knowing if my system programming is correct. I copied programming from another site of ours with a teleworker handset and sophos out front too. I was wondering if it was a setting on my system I am missing like telling the system to send out public IP. I am happy to read through the forums, just mainly need the right place to start. I also added the external IP in the system in 2 places - not sure if this is correct or not.

I have forwarded these to the Controller
•   UDP ports 69, 5567, 6004-6261, 20001, 50098-50508
•   TCP ports 3998-3999, 5566, 5570, 6800-6802

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No Audio on Teleworker phone in conversation
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:41:42 PM »
Labroy74,

it seems no matter how many times we answer this on it keeps coming up. I think I will create a sticky post up front to make it easier for everyone to read with some basic troubleshooting.

Anyway, sorry to read you are having problems with this. It seems as though you know what you are doing, at least to some degree so hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

With the ports you are using you have covered the following.

69/UDP, 20001/UDP - Used for TFTP of firmware to phones
6800-6802/TCP - Used for basic call control with MiNET phones
3998-3999/TCP - Used for phone applications and button functionality with MiNET phones
50098-50509/UDP - Used for RTP (audio) to the MiNET Phone
6004–6261/UDP - Used for RTP to the MiVO-250 Base processor module
6604–7039/UDP - Used for RTP to the MiVO-250 PEC (used only if you have a Processor Expansion Module)

So, obviously you have the TCP Ports correct or the phone wouldn't come up at all and let you make a call.

Now all you need to do is make sure that the firewall is allowing UDP correctly. Is the audio having problems in one direction or both?

If it is both then most likely you have a PEC without knowing it and that requires a second public IP Address associated with the PEC and setup in the firewall and the phone system. I noticed that you didn't setup your ports to account for the PEC so that could be a problem.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > IP Connections > Expansion Card {P6001} > NAT IP Address

The other thing you can look at is have you set the phone to from Native to NAT?

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {Ext} > IP Settings > NAT Address Type: NAT

Thanks,

TE

Offline Labroy74

• Contributer
  • "It should just work!"
    • View Profile
Re: No Audio on Teleworker phone in conversation
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 07:59:03 PM »
Hey, thanks TE!! The NAT setting is the one I did not know about, but I do now. She's all good and working. Thanks heaps!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10