Author Topic: Ring Group vs Hunt Group  (Read 3931 times)

Offline ScottL

• View Profile
Ring Group vs Hunt Group
« on: February 22, 2019, 03:54:07 PM »
I have some end users with two desks in the same office. Both desks used to be occupied at the same time, that is, two people on shift. Due to restructuring, only one officer is on shift now. They could use either desk, depending on who is on shift.

So, someone might call extension 2010 when extension 2011 is occupied, or the other way around. The officers usually wait until the caller realizes no one is answering, the caller hangs up and tries the other extension.

Each number has its own DID. The officers know the voicemail password for both phones. (Both voicemails are set up to email an officer email group, so even if they miss the voicemail signal on the phone, they get the email with attached audio file.)

The officers have asked if I can set it up so both phones ring, and whoever is at a desk can pick up the call, no matter which desk is occupied.
Would a ring group be the best solution here? Do I need to program anything onto the keys?

If so, do I pick an unused number for the Ring Group? I'm looking at the Ring Group form, # 2605 is unused.

(Edit: Or is there another method to accomplish this?)

Thank you for your help,

Scott

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:10:00 PM by ScottL »

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Group vs Hunt Group
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:38:17 PM »
You could also just put line appearances on each others phone for the extensions - or give them DSS keys and they can answer the other ringing station, or give them the call pickup code. Or program a ring group and make both phones a members and point both DIDs at it - this wouldn't work for internal calls though unless they called the pilot of the ring group.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 08:08:35 PM »
I guess it depends a bit on what type of phones you have, but I agree with the above: line appearances are easy, a pickup group is even easier.

Offline ScottL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »
Both are Mitel 5330 IP phones, would that make a difference?

Thank you,

Scott

Offline ScottL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 01:05:21 PM »
You could also just put line appearances on each others phone for the extensions - or give them DSS keys and they can answer the other ringing station, or give them the call pickup code. Or program a ring group and make both phones a members and point both DIDs at it - this wouldn't work for internal calls though unless they called the pilot of the ring group.

What is a line appearance, and how do I program that into the two extensions?

Thank you,

Scott

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 03:51:34 PM »
On the Controller, go to the User and Services form, find the relevant extension and go to the Keys tab then program a key for them as Line Type Multicall with the other phone's number in as Button Dir. Number and set a Ring Type.
Do the same thing for the other phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10