Author Topic: Problem with Call group landing on VM  (Read 747 times)

Offline fgaldamex

• View Profile
Problem with Call group landing on VM
« on: February 21, 2019, 11:16:01 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm coming to you with a very simple question for the experts, we have a Mitel MX 3300 pbx, I've created 3 ring groups, ring group 2010 overflows to 2011 which overflows to 2012 which overflows to extension 1111 and if the call doesn't get answered should land on its own voicemail (ext1111).
Everything works fine until the last part, when the call reaches ext1111 never goes to Voicemail, instead continues ringing until caller hangs up.
However, if I call ext1111 directly, after 4 rings goes to VM as it should.

I'd really appreciate any ideas from the gurus. Thank you everyone.

BTW, I did the test by overflowing the call on ext1111 from the very first call group and the result was exactly the same, call just rings forever in ext1111, instead of ringing 4 times and go to VM.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Call group landing on VM
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
Are you using the integrated voicemail or NuPoint?

A general rule of thumb is that you cannot reroute a reroute. I'm making a few assumptions on your configuration. In your example 1111 Call Rerouting First Alternative it is going to voicemail as it should. However for 2012, the Call Rerouting First Alternative to 1111 will work, but it will not adopt the reroute for 1111 if not answered. You would need a Call Reroute Second Alternative to voicemail for 2012.

How you would set it up to the same box from there would depend on the type of voicemail you're using.

Offline fgaldamex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 12:55:05 PM »
Thanks for you reply ZuluAlpha, we're actually using the integrated voicemail.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »
You're going to have some challenges keeping it set up the way it is now and I would not recommend keeping the same call flow.

For instance if all of your calls ring for 20 seconds before rerouting, a caller to 2010 would wait through one minute of rings before going to voicemail. Few people let it ring for that long. I feel like an ACD group might be more effective in this scenario. We would need to know more about your situation though. Going  group to group to group is not generally something I see or recommend.

I don't do a lot of complex work with the integrated voicemail but the solution appears to involve setting up a NameTag Hunt Group. If you plan on doing a lot with voicemail it may be wise to consider investing in the NuPoint. However, going to an ACD could solve a lot of those issues too.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10