Author Topic: Multi Device User Group vs Personal Ring Group  (Read 3088 times)

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Multi Device User Group vs Personal Ring Group
« on: February 20, 2019, 01:54:24 PM »
Can someone help me understand the difference between a mdug and prg? All of stations have typically been created as an MDUG because that's what the UCC license provides for.

A specific scenario I am trying to apply to would be a desk phone and a cordless phone. The desk phone is currently using the MDUG license because of UCC and the cordless phone is using a full license. What I'm looking for is both phones to ring, handoff, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi Device User Group vs Personal Ring Group
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »
Basic difference is personal group members each require a license, MDUG uses one license for all members. Personal Group allow all members to work at the same time, while MDUG only one member can be active on a call. What kind of cordless? if analog, not sure it can be in a MDUG, if it's something like a sip/sip dect wifi you should be able do what you want

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:06:53 PM »
Thanks for the reply, kind sir.

The one phones are of the Mitel SIP Dect variety but some may be analog cordless. In that case, I could do a personal ring group but probably not get the handoff/push-pull? What sort of scheme have you seen before on the numbering? Say a x1200 is desk and you want to give them a cordless dect in an mdug - would a derived work here or a x11200 or just another valid DN or any mix of the above?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:16:50 PM »
Mitel likes to use a * where the first phone is the true number like 1000, the second is 1*000, the third 10*00 maybe the fourth being 100*0

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 04:00:17 PM »
Thanks. I'll play around with it. That's usually best for me to get familiar but hearing others experiences and thoughts it super helpful.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10