Author Topic: MiCollab and AD contacts matching an incorrect number  (Read 1184 times)

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
MiCollab and AD contacts matching an incorrect number
« on: February 15, 2019, 05:41:48 AM »
MiCollab client is 7.3.
MiCollab is AD integrated and we bring in many contacts from AD.

When a user types a mobile number in the make call window, MiCollab matches the number to a contact even though the contact's number is something different. It seems to match only the last few digits of the mobile number and then pops up with the contact.
The issue is if the contact is displayed after typing in the number and you press enter or call, it will dial the contact instead of the number entered.
Only way to get around it is to click elsewhere on the desktop so the contact dissapears and then it will dial the number as it was entered into the make call window. It still show the contact's name in the call control window but at least it dialled the correct number. It is annoying to say the least...

I cannot upgrade to the next Gen PC client yet.
Anyone else experienced this before and got a better workaround?

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab and AD contacts matching an incorrect number
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:00:01 AM »
Do the last 4 digits match the extensions it brings up?

Normally this is to do with the extension length set under Micollab Client Service - PBX Nodes - PBX - Extension Length.
If this is set to 4 then if the last 4 digits of a phone number match an extension that is what it displays.

In the UK we now have to dial a minimum of 10 digits for an external phone number so this is set to 9.
I would recommend setting this as 1 less than the shortest external number you are going to dial, restarting the Micollab Service OOH and seeing if this fixes it.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
The contacct is also an external number and it just so happens that the external number I type into the make call box, has the same last 4 digits than the contact that also contains an external number.

No extensions involved in this case.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:25:25 PM »
Yeah, this is very annoying.
I thought if you press "Call" it would ignore the (completely useless and confusing) suggestion, though, and just dial the number you entered.
The issue arises when people type in a number and click on the suggestion instead of clicking on Call.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »
I would go into the micollab client service and check the extension length in the pbx setting if it is 4 and you have 4 digit extensions, bump it up to 6. This setting is only used to know when to add the leading digit and when set to match length has issues where and outside caller might display as an internal user.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10