Author Topic: Digit Strip  (Read 1171 times)

Offline jonforbes22

• View Profile
Digit Strip
« on: February 14, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
Hello

We have moved over to a new PRI provider. In our market the company no longer supports the digit one when making a long distance call.
I want to strip the digit 1 when the user is making an outbound call. We have to just use the full 10 digit number for local and long distance.

Thanks

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Digit Strip
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:07:49 AM »
In your ARS Facility Group(s), remove Dial Rule 2 (Echo Toll Field) so 1 will be stripped if dialed.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
In your ARS Facility Group(s), remove Dial Rule 2 (Echo Toll Field) so 1 will be stripped if dialed.
^^ This... Note you MUST be using ARS for it to work, it won't work if your outbound extension is just the trunk group, only if it is ARS.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 12:20:15 PM »
jonforbes22,

Why don't you just have your users start dialing with 10-digits for all calls instead of trying to change your database? Does your carrier support Toll Free with a 1 or do you just use 8##-NXX-NXXX for dialing plan? If it requires a 1 then you may need to create a Facility and Route Group to support Toll-Free numbers.

For DND ONs solution to work properly you will need to make sure that all of the users are using ARS.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones > {local} > {Extension} > Associated Extensions > Outgoing Extension: 9200 or 92000

By default, in the US, the Feature Access Code for ARS is 9200 or 92000 so you would put that as the Outgoing Extension and if you are feeling industrious the Emergency Extension as well. If you want to guarantee the users are forced to use ARS then you can do the following.

Go to System > Numbering Plan > Classes of Service > 1 > Day and Night

Move all of your IP/Digital Phones to both lists.

Next you would go to System > Numbering Plan > Facility Groups > P1502 [Toll Long Distance] > Dialing Rules > Remove ECHO Toll Field.

Just remember if your Carrier supports or requires the 1 for Toll Free calls then you may not be able to call those now without building a Toll-Free Facility and Route Group, but default it uses the Toll-Long Distance Route unless the original programmer setup something for 1-800 calls.

If you are not comfortable with understanding the NANP I would just get your vendor to do this work and test it.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10