Author Topic: SIP REFER  (Read 1112 times)

Offline saravanapandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SIP REFER
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:58:58 AM »
Do Mitel 250 supports SIP REFER transfer on SIP trunk?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP REFER
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »
saravanapandian,

Why would you ask that question and not just look at the SIP message to see what is supported or not.

Personally, I wouldn't think that REFER would be used by the MiVO-250 at all. I could possibly see it being used between SIP devices on the MiVO-250, but not the MiVO-250 and a Carrier. Actually I don't even see it being used between SIP devices on the MiVO-250 because an Announced Transfer would no longer be an option.

I would say even if a User was talking to an outside person and then for some reason wanted to transfer [REFER] the external user to another outside number the MiVO-250 would create a separate call to allow the initiating person to Announce/Attend the transfer instead of telling the Carrier to do it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline saravanapandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 06:38:15 AM »
SIP REFER based transfer is requirement for our Carrier if PBX supports.Hope this is not supported hence i dont find any configuration

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 06:44:30 AM »
saravanpanadian,

There is nothing to configure for REFER on any system that I am aware of, it is either supported or it isn't. I am not sure why a Carrier would care how a system supports Transfers internally anyway.

I am looking at an old INVITE Method and it shows REFER is allowed so I am not sure why it wouldn't be supported in the latest version either.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10