Author Topic: Dial by clicking  (Read 718 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Dial by clicking
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:47:06 AM »
Hello,

I'm wondering if the following is possible either with Mitel or a 3rd party. We currently use Skype and I don't see us changing. I've played around with the free Mitel plugin for Skype and the paid version. Neither seem to work all that great. Hence we wouldn't use MiCollab.

Currently, we use 4 digits for internal extensions and these match everyone's last 4 on their DID. When we grow it gets continuously harder to maintain this structure due to bringing on numbers with the same last 4.  I want to move us to 10 digit dialing. Due to the culture shift in doing this I don't think it will go over well unless we had soft phones or another way to call someone easily without having to type in 10 digits. Is there a way to link a spreadsheet or use our intranet to where you could look up an individual and click on their number but have your phone dial the person vs soft phone?

Thanks

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
Re: Dial by clicking
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »
We still use the Live Business Gateway for this but it's EOL and not even supported anymore. Supposedly a new lightweight client was supposed to get out end of last year, I don't know if it did.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:39:29 PM »
They can keep Skype for whatever it is they use it for, and use MiCollab as well for its softphone, twinning, integration to the phone system and corporate directory.

If you go with just Skype you can add the Mitel Plugin to it so that Skype can send calls via the phone system, you just have to do whatever it is in AD so that Skype has access to the users' phone numbers, seeing as Skyps has no other way to access a corporate phone directory.

If you want a seamless phone system integration and softphone functionality, go with the full MiCollab Client, otherwise go with the sparsely-featured Skype option. The latter is pretty bad, which is why Microsoft are ditching Skype, although the replacement will no doubt be similarly crippled integration-wise in order to try to convince you to replace your phone system with whatever Microsoft offers.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 04:26:37 AM »
I have a customer that uses UC Plus and they think it's great. Another customer hated it and never progressed beyond a trial. Might be worth a look

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10