Author Topic: Mass change subnet mask remotely?  (Read 992 times)

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mass change subnet mask remotely?
« on: February 06, 2019, 03:40:59 PM »
Hello All,

Long story short: This upcoming weekend we're re-addressing our entire network scheme. All of our phones are set to DHCP. Most of our models are 5320/5330. As a result of this project, we'll have to change the subnet mask on each phone. Is there anyway to do this remotely for all of the phones? We have about 50+ phones and I'd love to not have to go to each one just to change an IP setting.

Phone system we're using is Mitel 5000. 

Thank you in advance for the hopefully good news!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mass change subnet mask remotely?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 12:00:30 AM »
Hello All,

Long story short: This upcoming weekend we're re-addressing our entire network scheme. All of our phones are set to DHCP. Most of our models are 5320/5330. As a result of this project, we'll have to change the subnet mask on each phone. Is there anyway to do this remotely for all of the phones? We have about 50+ phones and I'd love to not have to go to each one just to change an IP setting.

Phone system we're using is Mitel 5000. 

Thank you in advance for the hopefully good news!
Sure... Reboot the phones and let DHCP handle it.

Seriously, that is the answer... there is no reason in 2019 you would need to assign IP information manually for more than a onsie/twosie installation.

If all of your phones literally have complete static IP information defined, not just the ICP or Teleworker address, then you have no choice but to touch each phone. And a smart person would setup DHCP and this would be the last time you would ever touch these phones, because you would be just resetting them to defaults and let the network handle it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:12:13 AM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:11:10 AM »
jcatucci812,

If the MiVO-250 is handling the DHCP for the phones then you will need to change the phone systems IP Address information under IP Settings first and then do a backup and reboot of the system.

After that you can go in and change the DHCP service to the new network range as it won't allow you to add a network that the MiVO-250 is not on.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 10:02:17 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Turns out the Subnet Mask and Gateway were blank on pretty much all of the phones so they were able to grab the correct address from HDCP.

Thanks for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10