Author Topic: Teleworker phones restarting  (Read 1603 times)

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Teleworker phones restarting
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:30:15 AM »
Now that I have teleworker phones working, I am seeing some of the issues teleworker users on other systems have reported but I've never seen.

One of my new teleworker phones and one on another system that has been in use for a while are reinitializing.

Not a total restart, but reloading the buttons and loading applications message.

I had this happen while I was in the middle of a call. The display on the phone refreshed, saw the applications loading message, no audio until it completed this process except for an odd alarm sound, and then resumed the call.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Teleworker phones restarting
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:17:47 PM »
They are losing connection to the MiVO... Are you using port forwarding or a MBG?

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
I have opened the tcp/udp ports from the engineering guides, what I have found on here, etc. Gave the MiVoice 250 a NAT IP that is externally reachable, and that's about it.

The one has been in use long before it became my problem has the NAT IP set in:
System > Devices and feature codes > IP connections > Local > Processor Module > NAT IP Address
and in System > IP Settings > System NAT IP Address.

I don't think that there is any port forwarding configured. No MBG, don't know if I need one or not. I have 13 MiVoice 250 systems across 12 offices.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:43:45 PM »
I have opened the tcp/udp ports from the engineering guides, what I have found on here, etc. Gave the MiVoice 250 a NAT IP that is externally reachable, and that's about it.

The one has been in use long before it became my problem has the NAT IP set in:
System > Devices and feature codes > IP connections > Local > Processor Module > NAT IP Address
and in System > IP Settings > System NAT IP Address.

I don't think that there is any port forwarding configured. No MBG, don't know if I need one or not. I have 13 MiVoice 250 systems across 12 offices.
OK, I am assuming you have a 1:1 NAT through a firewall with the ports listed allowed... the MiVO 250 has a public IP address that is dedicated for it's use exclusively. Good way to go if you have the right gear.

Port forwarding and settings won't cause phones to momentarily lose connection to the phone system, they either work or they don't... But that is what is happening, the phones are losing their connection to the phone system long enough to cause a soft reboot of the device so it can reconnect (a second or two).

It sounds like this is multiple phones exhibiting the behavior from different locations? Are they all connecting back to the same MiVO, or different ones? Look for the commonality... I am going to assume that they all report back to the same MiVO 250, but from different locations such as home offices and have different local networking hardware at the remote sites, eliminating the far end as the issue.

If they are all reporting back to the same MiVO, the commonality here is the Internet connection and router/firewall (and possibly any other local equipment you have).

The most likely causes here are insufficient bandwidth on the internet connection, a firewall/router that doesn't have enough power to deal with the workload, SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) or other firewall feature is enabled and causing the problem, or much less likely are the MiVO 250 doesn't have enough resources (check RAM and CPU usage graphs) or there is an internal network issue.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10