Author Topic: Group Paging  (Read 1764 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Group Paging
« on: February 05, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
I have a customer that used to have an Avaya Partner system, and just switched to a MiVoice 250.  They claim that on the Avaya system they could page to a group of phones and anyone on the other end could respond and a two way conversation could happen.  Now they want this on the MiVoice.  I have the page groups programmed, but that does broadcast only.  Is there a way to page or intercom multiple phones simultaneously and have them be able to answer back? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Group Paging
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »
The Avaya did not have that capability...

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »
Thank you for the reply, but I am still looking for an answer to the question.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »
bvtech,

That is a quality of an Intercom system not a phone system. Even the Mitel 3300 only has the capability to do that with one phone; I believe the feature was called Direct Voice or Direct Page or something like that.

Anyway, to get multiple people on a call together on the MiVO-250 system to communicate is called conferencing.

If you are only talking about one person answering then what you could do is setup a Hunt Group with the people you know they will want to call then have them call the Hunt Group and the first person to answer the call is talking to them.

Typically what happens is someone will perform a page and then the person being paged will call the person performing the page.

I think you need to work with the customer to understand what they truly want to accomplish as there are many ways to get people to talk to one another on any phone system, but you need to work within the limitations of the system you are installing and not by what you are removing.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 03:18:31 PM »
Maybe they had talk back paging via a Valcom Paging solution that was attached to the Avaya. 

We have for clients, but it is a separate Paging System integrated to the phone system.  The Paging does not come through the phones.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I think the customer is much better off with the 250, and I have conveyed that to them.  They asked me the question several times, so I am doing my diligence and finding answers for them.  They did not have a talk back paging unit.  They have had the system in for a month now and have gotten used to it, so I don't think it is an issue anymore.  I just want to be able to give them an intelligent answer if they ask again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10