Author Topic: Mitel Feature - Forward to Cell Phones  (Read 1696 times)

Offline CBeyer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel Feature - Forward to Cell Phones
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »
We're getting ready to have a HELPLINE number transferred to our Phone Service. That HELPLINE number will be the main line for folks to call in looking for informatoin.

When a person calls that number, the ring in should automatically FORWARD the call to a Case Workers cell phone. At the moment, we have 3 case workers. Depending on the schedule will determine who is on call to receive the forwarded call. This may eventually grow to 12 case workers.

Is this feature provided or achievable in the Mitel 5000 system (DB Programming Version 6.1.4.57)

Can I have 3 cell phones (not associated with the Mitel System (these are Verizon based cell phones with individual lines)), depending on the schedule of the case worker, "log on" to the, I assume, Hunt Group and when someone calls the Main Line HELPLINE, that call is forwarded to the case worker's cell phone that is on call.

I feel that the cell phones pose an issue as they won't be integrated into the Mitel system (is there a way to do that?). I may have to use the UCA to forward the to the cell phone, giving each case worker an extension to be part of the Hunt Group and such?

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: Mitel Feature - Forward to Cell Phones
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 03:14:35 PM »
Point the help line to a Virtual Extension, and then use DEE or call forward on that extension to get the call out to the cell phone.   Which you use is up to you, we prefer DEE because an unanswered calls ends up in the Mitel Voice Mail system, and send a VMail to Email file.

As the schedule changes, just log into the Web Portal for the extension and update the destination number.

Offline CBeyer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 03:23:45 PM »
As the schedule changes... this could be an issue. The schedule may change multiple times a day. Does this mean I have to log in to update the destination number each time (schedule runs 24/7). Could this not be done another way, possibly automatically? Maybe I misunderstood?

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:03:01 PM »
It is a manual change.

This is how we support service companies with after hours techs, who rotate on a weekly basis.

Is your schedule going to be repeatable on a daily basis?    Maybe you can use a STAR, and build a virtual extension for each cell phone, and then have the STAR table route to the different extensions based on time of day, trigger DEE to the cell phone. 

Offline CBeyer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »
I knew this was going to be troublesome :)

What is STAR and DEE?

Do you have links to resources for those terms?

I definitely need to read up... this system has been around for too long and I only manage it as is, we haven't really had a need to expand it until now and I don't really know a whole lot about it. Guess it's time to start!

Thanks for the info!

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 04:17:49 PM »
STAR is basically a time/date based routing schedule. 

DEE is dynamic extension express.  Basically simultaneous ring between a desk phone and other devices (usually cell phones).

Just google for the install and programming guide for your specific software version.   Older software might have limitations.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:32 PM »
The easiest way to manually change the off-site forwarding would be to route calls to a phantom extension, then have the end-users call into a Configuration Assistant to change the forwarding right over the phone.

Change it on the fly, no after hours support required.

Also, keep in mind that hunt group calls will not forward off-site.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10