Author Topic: Teleworker Configuration  (Read 4587 times)

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Teleworker Configuration
« on: January 28, 2019, 01:47:29 PM »
We are trying to setup teleworker phones but we are experiencing the common one way audio issues. I am running MiVoice Office 250 6.3.6.21.

We have 2 MiVoice Office 250's. 1 is configured as a remote node.

What I would consider our primary system that is connected to our PRI's, an expansion module, and a processor server. I have it NATtted and configured like the other 5000's I have in other offices. This is the only system with the expansion module and processor server. Of course this is also the only one with one-way audio issues.

I came across a thread that said we need to NAT the base server, processor server, and expansion module.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this or give me some advice?

Do I need to setup an MBG? I would also like to provide my users access to Phone Manager features on their mobile phones.

HELP!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Teleworker Configuration
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 02:06:47 PM »
marcreid,

This issue has been beat to death on this forum, but here is the basic run down for what you have.

IP Phones will go to the Base Server and the PEC
Each Local IP Address will require a NAT'd Public IP Address
Program here: System > Device and Feature Codes > IP Connections > P6XXX [Base Controller] and P6XXX [PEC].
Depending on phones the Ports necessary can change, but since the phones are coming up my assumption is that you don't have a Public IP Address pointed to the PEC with the correct Audio Ports opened.

SIP Phones will go to the Processing Server [PS-1]
Program here: System > IP Settings > System NAT IP Address

There is a lot more to know about this, but I am sure you search these forums and find posts by myself and others on how this works in detail.

Thanks,

TE

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 09:33:48 AM »
Despite having a MiAccess account, I sat on hold for an hour with Mitel only to be told I'm end user scum because I'm not a partner and I'm not allowed to have access to the eDocs site. Could someone please send me a link to where I can get documentation on setting this up?

Yesterday we set up NATs for the base server, expansion module, and processing server. I think I put the NAT IP's in all of the right spots but nothing has changed. I have no audio but can register a phone, get MWI, etc.

Do I need to have a MBG?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 12:18:02 PM »
Marcreid,

What type of phones are you using for your Teleworkers phones?

Have you searched the MiVO-250 forums for Teleworkers, Remotes, or Ports to get the information you are looking for? The issue you are having is obviously in layer 3, but it sounds like you may not be very experienced with it.

Providing you a link to the eDocs site still won’t give you access to the document. Besides you would need to read at least 2 manuals to get all of the information you are looking for. This is why when you have more technical issues that you are not able to resolve it is best to bring in your vendor for support.

To answer your question of whether you NEED an MBG the answer is no, BUT it is recommended by Mitel for improved security.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 01:25:16 PM »
My vendor is a waste of oxygen.

As a test, we set an any/any policy for the base, expansion, and processor server. This worked and now we are narrowing down the ports used. Despite enabling all the ports you had given in a previous posting, nothing worked.

Now I'm trying to get my Communications Server/Phone Manager Mobile to work. Any/any still, but the mobile app will not connect to the server.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 02:06:10 PM »
Marcreid,

Sorry you feel that way about your vendor.

Anyway, since it is an audio issue and the phone works otherwise then you can deduce the following.

1: TCP Ports are configured correctly.
2: UDP ports are not configured correctly.

Depending on the phone type there are different UDP ports required.

Also, if you want to lock down just the ports needed then there are different ranges of UDP for the Base versus the PEC.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
Don't forget to go into the station's IP settings and change the NAT Address Type from Native to NAT... always gets me!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:47:59 PM by acejavelin »

Offline marcreid

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »
Frickin' firewall....

No more audio issues.

Thank you for the tips.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10