Author Topic: Call rerouting night 1 - night 2 for the console  (Read 2705 times)

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call rerouting night 1 - night 2 for the console
« on: January 24, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have been working on the Mitel 3300 for 3 years now as installers and now as Voice Support. We have more and more request nowadays by our clients asking that the main console be put in Night mode 1 during day time enabling the receptionist to be able to just walk away in case she needs to deliver something to a colleague, but also the clients want the console to be put in night 2 mode to enable the night treatment.  Our set-up is quite simple and standardized across our network.

1. Main number being a DID is converted as actual number to number XXX-YYYY. That is rerouted to Nupoint which in turns offers a script including Holiday schedule and Weekly Schedule.
2. at any instance, a caller can dial 0 to be transferred to the reception for help.
3. our reception is XXX-3000 but Ext XXX-3001 is the number dialled when pressing 0 in the script, call rerouting DAY is set to 1, so she can answer the calls, Call rerouting Night 1, is rerouted always to Voicemail. This option is for the reception to go to Voicemail, created a mailbox XXX-3001 as TREE, In Nupoint, i created Call Flow XXX-3001, so we offer the caller with a message stating that receptionist is unavailable for short time, if the call is urgent the can press 1, blind transfer to another extension to be answered for this emergency or press 2 to leave a message. That Voicemail has a Message Waiting Indicator on an IP set at reception. So reception knows that there is a message to be retrieved. This works fine.  My problem that i can not figure out is how do i configure the NIGHT 2 to get the night script and bypass the working scheduled configured in Nupoint.  As XXX-3001 is the root of the call once transferred from Nupoint, this is the number that will always be recognized but I just can not figure out how i can trigger that night script from the NIGHT 2 option on the console.

I am originally a Nortel Products technician and was very easy with the IDC table to change DAY/NIGHT option from the console, there was a direct relation to the Incoming Digits Conversion table. Mitel does not really offer the same option. Mitel is completely a different thinking and logic

I have been reading and trying to figure out how to use NAMETAG HUNT Group, but i am not really sure how to do it. I tried the call rerouting, no more success. Any ideas????

Thanks for any help

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call rerouting night 1 - night 2 for the console
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 08:00:03 AM »
I am a little confused at what you are asking about here... A Mitel equivalent to Nortel's IDC?!?! That would be the DID Call Routing table, but that isn't what your looking for really.

Why not just make Night 2 ring an alternate destination, like 3002? That would simplify things tremendously...

Another thing to remember that seems unusual after dealing with other phone systems, Nupoint does not understand Day/Night1/Night2 mode, it just has no method or understanding it is on or off, therefore cannot route or play differently based on the mode of the system. The Mitel must control that part in totality. 

Nametag hunt groups really won't help in this situation, if you need to "break" the number associated with a call in a Mitel, you need to route the call to an ACD path, but there are easier and more efficient ways to do this, like reroute to a different extension for Day, Night1, and Night2.

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Call rerouting night 1 - night 2 for the console
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:12:28 PM »
Yes I know that MCD has no interaction with NUPOINT, thus my point about Night2.

Understand that our client main number is directly going to Nupoint with a day script ( including the Holidays and working hours schedule ). Again, anytime in our scripts someone dials 0 when the option is available, the calls are routed to the main attendant console at extension XXX-3001.

Call rerouting for XXX-3001 is scheduled to CCR always: Day 1 being no rerouting. Night 1, is rerouted always to Nupoint. This rerouting allows the console to have a script and mailbox providing callers to either leave a message to be retrieve later or dial another number for immediate assistance.

Call rerouting Night 2, is my concern. Again, I am trying to be clear, as the number being dialed from the day script is XXX-3001, this number will always follow even in Night 2 mode. I created XXX-5000 as a phantom DN on one NUPOINT port, created the call rerouting always to Nupoint for XXX-5000 and pointed the Night 2 for XXX-3001 to this new number but it just does not follow or go.

The clients are asking to bypass the Nupoint Schedule during working hours to go to Night Service if they have to close their business early for whatever reason. I know that NIGHT 2 mode does not interact with Nupoint, that is why I am trying to figure out a way for that Night 2 to point to my Night Script number being XXX-2001. I tried to reroute to XXX-2001 but it just does not work.

Our clients do not have ACD because they do not have call center. I know that I could get by somehow but they do not want to pay for a package that will not be used.

Again, thanks for your time and help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10