Author Topic: Transferring to Line Group AA in MiVBE Nupoint  (Read 873 times)

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
Transferring to Line Group AA in MiVBE Nupoint
« on: January 24, 2019, 04:02:26 AM »
Hi guys,

I may be having a moment here, so please be gentle.

The scenario is that we have a line group based Call Director handling calls to a given DDI. However if an external caller is to be transferred back to the call director to select a different option, i'm finding that internally transferring the caller to the ports associated with the line group are simply prompting for voicemail access.

Am i being thick here? i was hoping that the call director would simply start playing again.

Cheers

Rixy

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
Re: Transferring to Line Group AA in MiVBE Nupoint
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 08:52:22 AM »
Hi all, a little mroe flesh to the bone, as i rushed my orifinal post.

Software Level 8.0 SP1

I've just read back the scenario and can see what i've missed out. So, caller comes in, selects an option within Call Director and is transferred to an extension defined by the option the caller has selected.  Caller speaks to the person on the end of said option and is politely informed they have selected the wrong option. Extension users offers to transfer the caller back in to the Call Director so that they can select the right option.

The caller is coming in on a DDI that is routed to a huntgroup containing 6 NP ports. There ports are configured on NuPoint in Line Group 2, which is defined as a Line Group based Call Director, rather than a Mailbox based Call Director. The caller then chooses an option as previously mentioned and exits NuPoint.

What's happening is that when a user transfers or calls the Line Group (ports and huntgroup associated with Line Group 2 on the NuPoint) internally, they are not getting the call director prompts, they are getting asked for their mailbox credentials, as the system is recognising the extension transferring the call as wanting to access it's mailbox.  I assumed that being a Line Group with Call Director on it, it would route via the call director.

Cheers

Rixy

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
I would try setting up a trusted extension that is rerouted always to that hunt group. Make sure this has no mailbox and it should play the line group greeting

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 07:41:15 AM »
I would try setting up a trusted extension that is rerouted always to that hunt group. Make sure this has no mailbox and it should play the line group greeting

Thanks John.

So if i understand where you're coming from, the idea is that you transfer to the trusted extension, which then reroutes to the line group call director?

Thanks

Rixy

P.S. Is that you replying on my Tek Tips thread too? :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 07:43:33 AM by Rixy »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 05:50:00 PM »
So if i understand where you're coming from, the idea is that you transfer to the trusted extension, which then reroutes to the line group call director?

Exactly. When a user tries to transfer and has a mailbox, vm sees them calling. If transferring to something without a box, vm see from that extension and has no match and will default to main greeting

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10