Author Topic: Call Appearance based on incoming number Caller ID  (Read 848 times)

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
Call Appearance based on incoming number Caller ID
« on: January 22, 2019, 10:44:57 AM »
How would you identify a call based on the calling number. All calls on the incoming trunk should ring the same way unless one person is calling it should hit a call appearance button. I know how to do this based on a DID but in this case it is when a particular caller ID calls the main number.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call Appearance based on incoming number Caller ID
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 01:09:32 PM »
How would you identify a call based on the calling number. All calls on the incoming trunk should ring the same way unless one person is calling it should hit a call appearance button. I know how to do this based on a DID but in this case it is when a particular caller ID calls the main number.
What system?

If it is a SX200, SX2000, or other SX platform (as this group is for) that isn't possible... Those systems on their own do not have the ability to route calls based on incoming caller ID (ANI) on their own.

Offline Curtin_BPW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:29:55 PM »
Yes it is a SX-200. So the only way would to use a DID and always call the same number from that number?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »
Yes it is a SX-200. So the only way would to use a DID and always call the same number from that number?
You can't do anything special with a call based on it's ANI/CallerID information, you can display it on the phone, but not cause it to ring differently or to a different "spot" so that it is unique in any way. The SX-200 does not have the capability to route calls based on the ANI or CallerID by itself. It may be possible with a high-end call center routing server, but even then I would have my doubts.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10