Author Topic: Paging ext changes needed (Horn Speakers)  (Read 724 times)

Offline tha5150

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Paging ext changes needed (Horn Speakers)
« on: January 22, 2019, 10:35:37 AM »
Currently we have a few horn speakers in the warehouse and need to double and triple check all the settings in the system before calling our speakers bad and needing to replace. Issue with this is, I do not know where to start. When the system was installed, they tapped into the pre existing paging system and gave the speakers a extension to page as needed. Somehow they tapped into the old analog system we had and used those wires, plugged into the back of the phone server and it works perfectly.

That said, i was recently made aware of a time limit to how long someone can speak, also a sound quality issue. Now, i would love to toss a new set of speakers and power supply's to the warehouse but i would still have no idea what to do or where to start. Essentially i need to make sure a speaker level is correct, change the timing of how long we can talk over the intercom and if something is needing replaced, where do i start and how do i plug it all in.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paging ext changes needed (Horn Speakers)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:47 AM »
tha5150,

First of all if you are using the Page feature you can change the timer here.

System > Timers and Limits > Page: Default 15 seconds. If you set it to 0 then it will allow the Page to be indefinite.

As for the sound quality that could be a myriad of issues depending on the exact audio problem. What I have seen in the past is that there is an Impedance mismatch between the system and the Paging "interface". We should be attaching to a 600 ohm input on the paging amplifier, but depending on what interface you are using on the system, Page, Trunk or SIP, then that will make a difference on what to check on to fix the issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline tha5150

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:04:25 PM »
What about the sound level? Is there a setting for this? I have a knob to adjust, though i would assume the 250 has a level itself..

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
The potential for damage to the telephone system or paging equipment is very real. Save yourself the time and money - hire someone to do it right.

Offline tha5150

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 02:35:29 PM »
Defiantly a good point and thank you for pointing it out. I was only curious if there was a limit adjustment. At this point, I have scheduled a meeting with my ISP and providor of the Mitel to support this project for me.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
tha5150,

The Page is a line level page so no amplification at all, and you don't want it to have any amplification going into your amplifier; as that is the amplifiers job.

To be honest though I have put a 1/4 to 1/2 watt pre-amp on an input before, but that is rare and you can damage the input of your amplifier if you don't know what you are doing.

The remainder of the physical work, if you don't know what you are doing, is best to be handled by someone who knows about paging systems as the output from the phone system is most likely not causing the audio issues.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10