Author Topic: Phone labeled "offline". How to bring it online?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline jfollansbee

• View Profile
Phone labeled "offline". How to bring it online?
« on: January 21, 2019, 02:10:10 PM »
I'm a newbie to the Office 250 system. I have an Intertel Executive Digital Terminal (550.4500) that the MiVoice system administration app (I have version 6.3.55.0) shows as "offline." Similar phones are working properly on other lines. I tested the device itself, and it works on other lines in the system. Swapping the wall cord did nothing. I also tested the line from the wall to the panel with a toner probe, and I got the correct tone. I don't see an option in the MiVoice application or database to make a phone or line "online." Did I miss something? What further troubleshooting is needed? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Joe Follansbee
Computer Support Assistant
Downtown Emergency Service Center, Seattle

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Phone labeled "offline". How to bring it online?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 02:21:56 PM »
Remember that these devices use pins 2&5 of a 6-pin jack (3&6 of a 8-pin) and are polarity sensitive. It is not uncommon to find 2-conductor line cords, these phones will NOT work with those, they must be 4 or 6-pin line cords and it must be a "reversed cord" which is a standard telephony line cord, and the polarity must be correct at the jack.

If all these requirements are met, then the phone will come online on it's own in almost every case.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »
Joe,

If Acejavelin’s explanation didn’t make any sense to you then just tone out a similar working jack and cross connect it the same way; monkey see monkey do.

Then go back to Acejavelin’s post and give it a thumbs up for a great explanation.

Thanks,

TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jfollansbee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »
Great explanation, but ultimately irrelevant. The office has two voice jacks. One is dead. The other is hidden behind some equipment. It works. Some kind of lesson in there. ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10