Author Topic: Hardware upgrade  (Read 678 times)

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
Hardware upgrade
« on: January 21, 2019, 12:08:32 PM »
We have a Mitel 3300 CX II, model 50006093 that is about 6 years old.
I was looking to upgrade it to the latest software, but I guess we would need to upgrade the RAM and HDD first.
Looks like it has 512 MB RAM and not sure how to see HDD capacity.
Are these proprietary parts? The price is was quoted for the parts seems higher than RAM and an HDD should be.
Can I get the RAM and HDD from a computer hardware site?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hardware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:08:34 PM »
We have a Mitel 3300 CX II, model 50006093 that is about 6 years old.
I was looking to upgrade it to the latest software, but I guess we would need to upgrade the RAM and HDD first.
Looks like it has 512 MB RAM and not sure how to see HDD capacity.
Are these proprietary parts? The price is was quoted for the parts seems higher than RAM and an HDD should be.
Can I get the RAM and HDD from a computer hardware site?
I would give this a read through: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=11431.0

Also, there should be no need to change/update the hard drive from an upgrade perspective.

You will actually have to pull the cover to see the hard drive model in a CX-II, but unless it is something unusual there is no reason to upgrade the hard drive except to increase the longevity. And yes, you can use off the shelf parts but they are not supported by Mitel.

Offline Microfiche

• View Profile
Re: Hardware upgrade
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 03:26:20 PM »
Thanks - that is helpful.
From what I can see - I am being quoted about 2.5 times the price of what I could get the components for.
They didn't break them out, so I assume Mitel doesn't mark the HDD up as much, if the USD list on the $20 CAD SODIMM is in the $300 USD range.
That is crazy.
Mind you, we are a distributor of industrial OEM parts and we have to quote $100 list price O rings that you can get at any O ring shop for pennies.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10