Author Topic: Very strange addressing problem on 5320  (Read 701 times)

Offline andyring

• View Profile
Very strange addressing problem on 5320
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:59:26 AM »
Hello all and Happy Monday (if there is such a thing).

I have a strange problem that's making no sense at all. We have a MiVoice 250 that we've had for about a year. Works great. I also have two teleworkers using 5320 phones. Those worked fine until a couple months ago.

Here's what changed:

We switched ISPs and as such have a new set of IP addresses. I programmed the 5320s appropriately. They will connect to the phone system as expected and everything *appears* to work fine. But not audio. When I place or receive a call (outside line or internal, doesn't matter), everything functions as expected but there is no audio back and forth.

I did some further digging and here's where it gets weird. I did some Wiresharking to see what was going on. At first I thought it might have been a firewall issue with the port forwarding. Nope, that was fine.

Here's what I found: When the phone tries to connect via UDP on ports 50098-50508, it is trying to connect to our OLD IP address. But that's the ONLY place where it tries to use the old IP. For everything else, it connects properly to the new IP address.

Any ideas where I go to fix this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Very strange addressing problem on 5320
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:01:19 PM »
andyring,

This is why you should have a certified technician on site when you make changes that will affect the phone system on this scale. The issue you are having is that you told the phones to point to the new IP Address and you told your Router to point the IP Address or just Ports for that IP Address to the Local IP Address of the Phone System. What you neglected to do was tell the phone system what its new Public IP Addresses are.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > IP Connections > P6000[Default] > NAT IP Address
Go to System > IP Settings > NAT > System NAT IP Address

IF you have a PEC card on your system then you will need to program the second IP Connection as well.

Go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > IP Connections > P6001[Default] > NAT IP Address <-- This has to be a unique IP Address not the same as P6000.

Thanks,

TE

Offline andyring

• View Profile
Re: Very strange addressing problem on 5320
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 01:50:19 PM »
andyring,

This is why you should have a certified technician on site when you make changes that will affect the phone system on this scale.

Thanks, TE! Actually I did have our certified technician on site for this, as we were changing SIP providers at the same time. I think he simply missed this one.

I made the change you suggested and it works! Again, thank you very much.

-Andy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10