Author Topic: SIP Trunk Group Keep-Alive Settings  (Read 1670 times)

Offline prabbide

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SIP Trunk Group Keep-Alive Settings
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:00:15 PM »
Hello All,
I've inherited support of a Mitel 5000.  Could someone please explain what the setting "Ping Failure Threshold" does in the context of the SIP Trunk Group Keep-Alive config?  What is the default value?  Mine is set at 10.  Also, which address does it try to use for this?  I see an IP address and an FQDN at the top level.  Then I see a list of IP's in the Alternate IP/FQDN List and I see several FQDN's in the Route Sets.
Thanks so much.
Paul

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: SIP Trunk Group Keep-Alive Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 03:18:16 PM »
Hello All,
I've inherited support of a Mitel 5000.  Could someone please explain what the setting "Ping Failure Threshold" does in the context of the SIP Trunk Group Keep-Alive config?  What is the default value?  Mine is set at 10.  Also, which address does it try to use for this?  I see an IP address and an FQDN at the top level.  Then I see a list of IP's in the Alternate IP/FQDN List and I see several FQDN's in the Route Sets.
Thanks so much.
Paul
Press F1 on that page and read the help. :)

Ping Failure Threshold
Indicates the maximum number of consecutive ping failures that would put this SIP peer Out-Of-Service. The range is 0–255.

The other settings are carrier dependent... Typically if they have multiple servers or FQDN that traffic may originate from.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10