Author Topic: Hunt Group Recal Option  (Read 1949 times)

Offline tmulkey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hunt Group Recal Option
« on: January 17, 2019, 04:19:51 PM »
Hi, This is my first post.   I have previously administered Older Key systems and 3Com NBX and FreePBX systems, but this is my first Mitel.

I have a hunt group for our receptionists that answer the phone. 

Main Number rings to 1043 (Hunt Group) - Linear
   P0003 (Phone Extension List)
     1200 - User A
     1201 - User B
Recall to 2259 (Hunt Group 2)
   P0009 (Hunt Group Member Extension List) - Linear
     1254 - User C
     1204 - User D
Recall back to 1043 (Hunt Group)

The problem we have is when both receptionists are on the phone it immediately goes to the backup hung group.  They would like to have and option to see the call is ringing and have 20 seconds or so to put a call on hold and pick up another one with another Call Key (I call them System Appearances)

In other systems I have worked with when I setup a Calling Group that rings all phones, both phones have there second or third System Appearence (Call Key) light and have a chance to answer before it got to the coverage (Recall) for that hunt group.  Not sure how to duplicate that functionality on Mitel.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hunt Group Recal Option
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 06:46:20 PM »
Enable call waiting for the hunt group.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:37:23 AM »
Calls will remain in the hunt group until the Recall timer expires, regardless if members are busy. The original assumption is incorrect.

There's too much going on here, with calls bouncing around. Add ext. 1200 and 1201 to P0009, and remove the recall from HG-2259.

Calls will ring on HG-1043, recall to HG-2259 and stay there until answered or abandoned.

Offline tmulkey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »

I am looking through the hunt group setting under Devices and Feature Codes, Hunt Groups, Local, and the extension and I don't see and option anywhere for Call Waiting.  Am I missing something?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »

I am looking through the hunt group setting under Devices and Feature Codes, Hunt Groups, Local, and the extension and I don't see and option anywhere for Call Waiting.  Am I missing something?
Sorry, it is called "Camp-ons Allowed" - Set to Yes, and in the users flags make sure Camp-On Indications are set to Yes.

But like DNDon said, this is a very poor way to set this up... if you have analog lines, it can result in lines being tied up in the system when groups are looped back to each other.

Offline tmulkey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 12:49:28 PM »
Calls will remain in the hunt group until the Recall timer expires, regardless if members are busy. The original assumption is incorrect.

There's too much going on here, with calls bouncing around. Add ext. 1200 and 1201 to P0009, and remove the recall from HG-2259.

Calls will ring on HG-1043, recall to HG-2259 and stay there until answered or abandoned.

I have twe questions.  Since there is no Calling Group type of Hunt Group that rings all Members, just Linear and Circular, is this why the member is set to a Extension list?  Does it ring all phones in that extension list as one logical member?

Also can you explain the difference between a "IP/Digital Telephone" Extension List and a "Hunt Group Members" extension list.  Is the ring strategy different between those two types of extension lists.

Thank you for you time.  I have kind of been dropped into managing this phone system without any Mitel experience.

Offline tmulkey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »

Sorry, it is called "Camp-ons Allowed" - Set to Yes, and in the users flags make sure Camp-On Indications are set to Yes.

But like DNDon said, this is a very poor way to set this up... if you have analog lines, it can result in lines being tied up in the system when groups are looped back to each other.
[/quote]

I agree 100% this is a bad way.  I intend to clean it up like DNDon said.  I am just making sure I understand how everything is supposed to work before I make the changes here.   I don't want to mess up the Main number and start loosing sales calls for the company.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 05:11:12 PM »
An extension list is used to ring all of the phones simultaneously. The only real difference between the two types of lists you mentioned is the ability to add off-node extensions into an all-ring hunt group, which obviously doesn't apply here. I tend to use the Hunt Group Members list for hunt groups for consistency, so I know where to look to make changes.

There is very good information available on the help screens. While in hunt group programming, press F1 for help. You'll find a detailed explanation of how things work.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10