Author Topic: Pickup Group Question  (Read 2240 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Pickup Group Question
« on: January 16, 2019, 11:19:59 AM »
I have a site who had a local 3300 and a pickup group in which their main line rang to. When someone called the main line they would have to hit the pickup key and this way could put the person on hold and someone else could do a hold pickup. I'm transitioning sites over to vMCD and getting away from local lines. I built the same pickup group on vMCD but they don't see the pickup screen populate. I looked through COS I'm wondering what else I might be missing for this to work?

thanks,

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Pickup Group Question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 04:58:05 PM »
Call Pickup is where a group of extensions are in a Pickup Group so that if a call comes through to one of the extensions, any other member of the Group can press their Call Pickup key to accept the call.
This doesn't really sound like what you need.

The first part of your requirement sounds more like a Ring Group. The second part sounds like the Call Park functionality.

What you are describing sounds more like the old school digital phones where the exact same line appears on multiple phones. VoIP phones provide better functionality than this, although users frequently expect their process to stay exactly the same when you transition them to a newer technology, so you have to talk them around to accepting a change in the way it works.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:32:56 AM »
I did a little more digging talking to two separate locations. The way I explained it in my original request is correct.

I found programming on the one 3300 under Pickup groups it had all extensions and the extension that the main line rang to. Now the main line was also setup as an analog phone in user and services. There was a multikey programmed as Incoming main 1234 set to ring on all phones. If someone called the main line "pickup" would appear at the very top of the phone first button. They hit this answer call and put person on hold.  Anyone could do a hold pickup to grab that call. They said if they just hit the incoming main key and put member on hold nobody else could hold pickup and if the ring back occurs it rings back to all sets instead of just the person who picked up the call. If they answer via pickup it rings back to just their set.

I ported main line over to SIP so there would be no reason to create an analog phone but I assume I should be able to duplicate this setup somehow

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:43:11 AM »
What type of devices do they users have? If they need the hold/pickup functionality I would point the main line to a hunt group of three or four phantom numbers set as key system appearances on each phone. Then I  label them something like "Main Line 1, Main Line 2, etc." on the phones.

I try to avoid pickup groups except where users have single line analog devices since, like VinceWhirlwind says, it can be done better with VoIP sets.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »
we have mixture now of 5330,5330e & 6930.

I did find out one more piece of information. When the main line is called they pickup handset and have to hit pickup key which then transfers the call to their primary DN. From there they can do a hold pickup to whatever ext has the caller on hold. I created a call pickup group and put a few members to test. They now see the pickup appear but when they picked up handset it just answers the incoming main key straight away.

If there's a better way I'm all for it but I need the following to take place.
Main line rings all sets or at least whatever sets I choose
If employee picks up main line they have to be able to use their second line to make other calls to back office. I created a ring group and they couldn't use the second line. Someone said there was a Cos that would busy out all other lines if one of the lines were in use. I couldn't find this when looking around.
If they put customer on hold I want the ring back to occur only to that station who put on hold
They also have to be able to do hold pickup between employees. They could use another method just as long as we can transfer caller easily between sets.

thanks

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 01:01:45 AM »
Are all the phones IP phones?

What we normally do to simulate line keys and functionality is program "Key System" keys on each phone.

So you would have a Hunt Group (terminal ring) with the Key System Keys as members (key system keys are similar to multicalls except they are a shared line appearance, similar to a traditional phone system)

When a call is ringing the KS Key and answered the call can just be put on hold using the hold key and any other phone with the key appearance and just pick it up by pressing the key.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10