Author Topic: MiCC : hard limit to 10 calls  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
MiCC : hard limit to 10 calls
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »
We're setting up a trial install of MiCC, we have strict bandwith requirements, so the client wants 10 calls to be able to go through the agents, and the 11th call getting a short message and hang up.

I have offered other ways to get a similar result, like overflowing to a RAD and hanging up after 2 minutes waiting in queue, but they don't want to go that route.

Any idea on how I could realize the request ?

MiCC 9
MivB 8

:)

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Re: MiCC : hard limit to 10 calls
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 12:22:44 PM »
You could use the Queue variable to check the call load of the queues/queue group withing the IVR workflow before the transfer.

Set call load < 10 to transfer and then no match to play a message and hang up.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 05:02:01 AM »
That's it, many thanks  :D

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:25:06 AM »
Well, after some testing and hair pulling, that's not it. That "call load" variable uses a formula that measures some kind of load, but not simply the number of calls in the queue. So there is no way to use it like I need.

I also tried combining "agents available", "agents idle", "calls waiting", with and, or, etc., to no avail, there are too many combinations possible.

Now I'm thinking of using an IP trunk loopback restricted to 10 calls, it seems a bit complicated to program, though.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:00:20 PM »
Have a look at Queue Control Plans for the Queue.

Setting and removing queue DND with queue control plans
Queue control plans specify conditions under which a queue is automatically put into and taken out of DND.
For example, if customers in queue are experiencing exceptionally high wait times, an administrator might want that queue automatically put into DND. This prevents additional calls from reaching the queue and prevents new callers from experiencing long wait times.

You direct the callers to another DN (Message) if the queue has x number of queued calls.

I have a use case for this as well but have not had time to test or implement it.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 07:13:26 AM »
Thanks for your answer, however there isn't a queue condition about the number of queued calls. The closest one is about calls waiting, however it doesn't work to limit to 10 calls, as for example if 5 agents are connected and answering calls, we want up to 5 people to be able to wait, but if 10 agents are connected and answering calls, we don't want any call to wait.

Basically I'd need a custom queue condition : "number of calls in queue".

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10