Author Topic: Migrating configuration to new hardware  (Read 933 times)

Offline chall

• View Profile
Migrating configuration to new hardware
« on: January 14, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
Good morning,

First off, if this isn't the correct forum for this, please direct me to one more appropriate.

We're migrating from old hardware to new hardware and I'm looking for input, so we don't lose services. The old hardware consists of the following:

- SG40/8
- SG60/12
- SG60/12
- SGT1

We are moving to:

- ST100DA
- ST50A

The 40/8 has all our analog extensions and is pretty straight forward. The first 60/12 has the 5 SIP Trunks option and the second 60/12 has Conference and 100 SIP proxy configured. We're in the process of converting to SIP across the network, but currently have it configured for one of our remote locations. This location where I'm migrating to new hardware is our data center.

When I look at the switch configurations for the 100DA, I see Conference and SIP Trunk with Media Proxy as the Port Type options (along with Available and Trunk). There are also a number of protocol configuration options below that for Layer 3, 2 and 1 and further below are Digital ports.

I'm pretty new at handling the responsibilities for our phone system. I'm not clear about how many ports I should configure for the Conference (we use a SA100(?) conference bridge) or which ports I should use. I know from working with the analog lines, Shoretel expects certain types of traffic on certain ports. I'm also not clear on configuring for SIP. It appears there's some built-in support for SIP, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks for any help on making this transition smooth.

Chris

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10