Author Topic: Resilient call handling  (Read 943 times)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Resilient call handling
« on: January 11, 2019, 09:07:56 PM »
Thought I'd ask how others may be doing this, Scenario, 2 sites A & B. Site A has Business Express, site BvMCD. Calls come into site B via sip trunks on vMCD, but all users are primary  to Mivb. Site B has calls coming into an Auto Attendant on the Nupoint than transfers to a ring group. DID for this is set to a trusted extension such that if not forwarded, goes into an ACD path that queues for a second then hits the AA. They also have the ability to change the forward to a second ACD path that end up in a second AA as an override gone now kind of thing.

Moreover my question would be if failure occurs and they are on the vMCD. I know currently that this is broken. My thoughts might be since the ring in point is survivable,  change the default from going to the primary ACD path to a speedcall that dials it. Then changing the ACD path and fall thru extension to be local only, that way on failover site B could have something different.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Resilient call handling
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »
My approach to this would be a ring group, Group Presence buttons for each user, and an overflow ring group; a NuPoint mailbox for each ring group; with a callflow configured if they want some automated messaging.

If you want the same users to answer calls in a different way if there is a SIP trunk failure (why?) then you could make the ring groups not resilient and create local-only numbers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10