Author Topic: Star codes not allowed to send via SIP trunk Mitel 250 Version: 6.3 SP2  (Read 1299 times)

Offline saravanapandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
 Service Provider Looking for to allowl * codes for example *77 is activating some feature in service Provider side but I see Phone not allowed me to dial any digits after * and displayed “call cannot be completed ”as soon as I dial 8(FAC) followed by*, The invite is being sent out without any digits or *  and call failed due to 404 not found from trunk. The trace attached. Looks like Mitel PBX strip * and not allowed any digits after * dial.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Star codes not allowed to send via SIP trunk Mitel 250 Version: 6.3 SP2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »
saravanapandian,

Your problem is how you are doing it.

The system uses * to cancel Feature Requests. So you are dialing 8 which is the FAC for an Outgoing call, but then you dial * which cancels the FAC 8.

You have to send the *77 after the call is connected to a SIP Trunk and not before. This is typically done with a different dial string that the phone system then substitutes the *77 with.

If you are a certified technician this should make sense at this point, but if you are not a certified technician or even a telecommunications technician then this may require a more in-depth explanation.

At what point are you use the * codes and are they used just by themselves; basically are those the only digits dialed for the entire call?

Thanks,

TE

Offline saravanapandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 04:24:35 AM »
Hi Tech,

Thanks for your respond, Unfortunetly I need to send * dialling in the initial request as per our service provider request.

Our SIP SP is being capable of activating some feature in there with respect to the star code, For example, the below scenario where the user doesn’t want to receive the call from Anonymous user from PSTN.so the anonymous call is being blocked in SP level. 

“PBX User1 dials *77 and hears msg "Your anonymous call rejection service has been activated successfully".”

The below are the Codes needs to be sent by PBX to activate a certain feature

These are all some sample needs to send in Request SIP URI

•   Anonymous Call Rejection Activation (*77)
•   Anonymous Call Rejection Deactivation (*87)
•   Call Forwarding Always Activation (*72)
•   Call Forwarding Always Deactivation (*73)
•   Call Forwarding Always To Voice Mail Activation (*21)
•   Call Forwarding Busy Activation (*90)
•   Call Forwarding Busy Deactivation (*91)
•   Call Forwarding Busy To Voice Mail Activation (*40)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 08:22:00 AM »
saravanapandian,

As I stated before you will need to setup some alternate number schemes to use to dial the * codes. The problem is that SIP calls are not initiated in real time so the whole number will be sent at one time.

Normally you would get dial tone then dial the * code, but in this case the system waits for the valid dial string and then initiates the call. What you are doing is not a valid dial string and therefore it is failing.

So, I would create new dial rules with the * codes and then setup something like 0 to replace the * in your route groups that go to special facility groups that dial the actual * code in place of the 0 code.

Thanks,

TE

Offline saravanapandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 03:39:17 AM »
The issue has been resolved with the following setting. Now we can send start codes via SIP

set Spare Word Data 2 to value 4 (OLM view/System Information)

8) :) :) :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 06:58:49 AM »
saravanapandian,

Interesting, so was there an explanation as to what that does and do you have a different way to dial out? I realize that Mitel Tech Support doesn't always explain the how and why of things.

If you still press 8 then * it no longer cancels the feature code for 8, but does it still cancel other feature codes or just the Outgoing FAC?

Thanks,

TE

Offline saravanapandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 12:14:32 AM »
Hi Tech,

I dont have the explanation for the settin.what i observed is i dia 8*77 and wait for2 to 3 seconds then the call is been send out with Out 8.

Please find the below sample SIP request URI :

INVITE sip:*77@21x.20x.6x.xx:5060 SIP/2.0 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 07:10:39 AM »
saravanapandian,

Hmm, what happens with other feature codes then?

Could you try using another feature code and then pressing * to see if it cancels the feature like it used to? For example if you press the FAC for viewing keys [Default: 396] and then press * does it cancel the feature?

Also if the message light on a the phone is lit does pressing the message light and then * cancel the message?

I am just trying to think of other things that may work different than normal since * is used to cancel most features.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10