Author Topic: Extension Numbers in MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin  (Read 1111 times)

Offline graemeswalker

• View Profile
Extension Numbers in MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:34:25 AM »
Is there a way to have the contact information within the Skype for Business plugin be populated with extension numbers rather than just the full phone number of the user/contact?

Or does anyone know where this information is pulled from?

At present if someone wants to look up a user, the only option they have is to dial the full number which means that the phone call will go externally to contact.

Users with a physical phone can look up internal contacts and dial the 4 digit extension to ontact, MiVoice Skype plugin dials the full number meaning a cost is incured.

Cheers,
Graeme

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Extension Numbers in MiVoice Skype for Business Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »
It's not the Skype plugin doing that, it's Skype. All the Mitel plugin does is make the calls using the info that Skype has. Skype has no directory of its own, it pulls the info from AD, so this is all about
1/ Having a field in AD that has the 4 digit extension, and
2/ Configuring Skype to use that field to make internal calls, if that's even possible.
Skype is EOL, it is feature-poor, and it doesn't work very well.

For people who insist on using the far inferior Skype client instead of MiCollab, the way I get around what you describe is by capturing the "outbound" internal calls and instead of hairpinning them via the service provider, I route them to a loopback trunk on the controller and use a digit mod to reduce them to just the 4 digits that can be routed properly internally.

http://www.mitelforums.com/articles/3300/how-to-create-loopback-trunk.php

Offline graemeswalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:53:33 AM »
It's not the Skype plugin doing that, it's Skype. All the Mitel plugin does is make the calls using the info that Skype has. Skype has no directory of its own, it pulls the info from AD, so this is all about
1/ Having a field in AD that has the 4 digit extension, and
2/ Configuring Skype to use that field to make internal calls, if that's even possible.
Skype is EOL, it is feature-poor, and it doesn't work very well.

For people who insist on using the far inferior Skype client instead of MiCollab, the way I get around what you describe is by capturing the "outbound" internal calls and instead of hairpinning them via the service provider, I route them to a loopback trunk on the controller and use a digit mod to reduce them to just the 4 digits that can be routed properly internally.

http://www.mitelforums.com/articles/3300/how-to-create-loopback-trunk.php

Thanks for your reply VinceWhirlwind - this sounds a good action.

Upon looking into this, would some sort of "Translation/Lookup Table" be a possible solution so that if a number is dialed, it is "translated" to the 4 digit number?
i.e. 0123 456789 becomes 6789

Thanks,
Graeme

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 05:42:52 PM »

Upon looking into this, would some sort of "Translation/Lookup Table" be a possible solution so that if a number is dialed, it is "translated" to the 4 digit number?
i.e. 0123 456789 becomes 6789

That is precisely what I am referring to - you use the Digit Modification in a new dedicated Route to achieve that end. The Digit Mod in your example would be "Absorb 6".
You pass the "outgoing" call through this Digit Mod rule without having to send it out to your provider by using the "Loopback Trunk" instructions which I linked to.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10