Author Topic: 5324 restore from using Headset  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Colinb

• View Profile
5324 restore from using Headset
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:07:15 AM »
Firstly hello from a new member.
I’ve found this forum a useful tool in the past, but have never registered…. Until now.
As I’ve searched and searched here and on the internet to no avail. I’ve downloaded user manuals basic and admin ones.
I’ve got a user here that has a Mitel 5324 IP phone (all our phones are either 5312 or 5324 operating on a 3300 system), until recently she was using a headset(wired) and it was set-up (by ex-employee). When answering a call she would push the prime line / external call button (bottom right of the middle console), now I’ve un-plugged the headset to turn it back to a standard (handset) phone. To answer a call now you have to pick up the phone (handset) and then push the same “said” button.
I’ve looked at these “supposed” headset buttons in the manual, which don’t work…..
I’m stuck, I’ve tried all sorts ….. any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Colin

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: 5324 restore from using Headset
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 05:41:24 AM »
You need to turn off headset working. usually there is a button programmed to turn headset working on and off but if this has not been done there is a code to do it or programme a button, turn it off and then delete the button.

Offline Colinb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:53:16 AM »
Thanks
I thought it was going to be as simple as that, but I've tried the codes and buttons on the manual and internet and none of them work .
As a last resort would a factory restore reset it?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:18:09 AM »
Have you got access to the system itself for programming? If so it is in there. What release of software do you have? I wouldn't go anywhere near a factory reset...... Have you tried #97?

or try this (depends on release of software but may work)

press the blue superkey
press no until you get to personal keys
press yes
select a key to program (unused key)
press the no button until you get to headset and press yes.
press superkey

pressing that button will light the led if the function is active and darken it if off. Turn it to ff and then delete the key using the above till you get to press clear when you press the key you have just programmed.

This may be different depending on the level of software on the 3300
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:47:19 AM by x-man »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10