Author Topic: Take control of other consoles  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
Take control of other consoles
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
Hello,

a subsidiary company of mine is shuttering its old Cisco telephone system and adopting our Mitel infrastructure. They're used to things working one way and we are explaining them the new way, but there are some issues.

One of them is a receptionist who showed me (on her current system) that when other receptionists at other sites (there are many sites) are unavailable, she can "take control" of their consoles and have the calls redirected to her. Apparently the consoles run on a dedicated server, it's not just the Cisco IPBX doing that.

How could I emulate this on my Mitel system ? We're running MivB 8.0 SP3 PR2, Mivoice business console 8, all the subsidiary is running on a single MiVB (with resiliency), all the attendants on the same MiVB.

The way I'm thinking of is putting a phone next to the receptionist with keys programmed to reroute calls from the other sites' console numbers.

Thanks for your ideas

Regards

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Take control of other consoles
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:45:37 AM »
You could give her a line key for each of the other receptionist phones.
The way I normally do this, though, is by giving the person who wants to "take control" a button that toggles group membership in the ring groups s/he wants.
I don't assign Reception numbers to people - I make Reception numbers Groups and put people in them.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:24 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

I thought about the line keys, however that means she will get all the calls all the time, right ?

With ring groups, so each number would be a ring group, and the attendant could toggle her presence in each of these groups. Now let's say other attendants want the ability to take a pause and reroute their calls to another site, I could also use that presence in the ring group idea. They would get out of the group, and either someone else is in the group and takes the call, or nobody is in the group and I set up a call reroute 1st alternative to another console, or maybe another ring group.

We're talking about buttons on a desk phone, right ?

What do you think ?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »
The best practice is :

two Ip consoles :

Console 1 --> Console softkeys : Set the directory number for Console 1

Console 2 --> Console Softkeys : Set the directory number for Console 1 and console 2

In Mivoice Business Console , set the operator status to Absent , and when you want take calls in both consoles , set Operator to present. ( attached)

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:47:45 AM »
That's the setup we have at our main office with 5 attendants.

However here (in Switzerland) the attendants are on various sites across the country, in fact various subsidiary companies, talking 3 languages, so by default they're not supposed to take calls from other sites, it's only when one attendant has to leave their desk that they want others to take the call.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 10:00:09 AM »
That's the setup we have at our main office with 5 attendants.

However here (in Switzerland) the attendants are on various sites across the country, in fact various subsidiary companies, talking 3 languages, so by default they're not supposed to take calls from other sites, it's only when one attendant has to leave their desk that they want others to take the call.

Ok , so maybe you can use Service Night 1 or 2 to route calls to the other attendant.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »
Until I find another way I am indeed using Night2. Night1 is the closed hours message : "Welcome to company X, our offices are open mon-fri 8h-18h" and Night2 send one console to another.

However ideally they want to be able to route to console 1 or console 2 or 3...up to 7.

Also I just tried putting console DNs in a ring group and got replied by the system that these DNs aren't compatible.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10