Author Topic: auto forward the call with name assigned displayed but not the number  (Read 633 times)

Offline romqawb

• View Profile
Hi All,

There is a small challenge I am hoping to get assistance with

The are several companies with different phone numbers working within the same office and sharing the same reception

What we would like to achieve is whenever the call goes through to reception it displays the name of the company which number is assigned to in Mitel controller but not the extension number

I have set up two phones and have setup the auto forwarding rule to redirect all incoming calls from 2nd unit to 1st unit in Mitel, however only 2nd units extension is displayed on 1st unit, not the name assigned to 2nd unit

Is there any setting which will allow name to appear instead of extension?

Many thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: auto forward the call with name assigned displayed but not the number
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
romqawb,

I am not sure I truly understand what you are asking so I am going to do some clarification here.

When an extension in company B or C dials the extension number of the receptionist in company A you want to see the name of the company [B or C] instead of the users name or extension? If that is what you are asking then the answer is No, the system is going to send the Username of the phone and if it doesn't have one then it will send the extension of the phone.

What you could do is set everyone's username to be their company ID and then the receptionist will see that.

If that is not what you meant then please clarify a little more on exactly what the scenario is.

Thanks,

TE

Offline romqawb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 11:54:30 AM »
Hi TE,

Thanks for your respond and apologies for confusion in describing the issue, let me try to be more clear on it

Let's assume company A number is +AAAA(this is reception number where both calls are coming through) and Company B number us +BBBB

What I did is I installed a phone for company B and forwarded calls to phone A(reception).

Whenever call comes through to phone B it is getting redirected to phone A and only extension number of phone B is shown on the screen on phone A, but not the username of the phone assign to phone B

Just to make it easier for reception to distinguish to which company A or B call comes through I would like to find out if it is possible to see the username of phone B but not extension

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:57:02 AM »
romqawb,

So you are using System Forwarding to forward the calls from B to A or are you doing a manual forward?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:58 AM »
romqawb,

Here is what I would do if you want my .02 cents.

1. Create a phantom extension for Company B
2. Create a Secondary extension key for the phantom extension for Company B on receptionists phone.
3. Forward the calls to the phantom extension.
4. Setup System Forwarding on Phantom extension to go someone if Receptionist doesn't answer [optional].

This way the receptionist will get a distinctive ring from the secondary extension key alerting their phone and they have to press the button of the secondary extension to answer the call so they will know it is from Company B.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10