Author Topic: Micollab Mobile Iphone 6s - call notification issues  (Read 4569 times)

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
Micollab Mobile Iphone 6s - call notification issues
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:57:33 AM »
Hi all,

I have a bit of a strange problem with one of our users. They have an Iphone 6s on OS version 12.1.2 (latest) and are running Micollab app 8.1.112.

The issue appears to only be limited to this device as i have tested on another Iphone 6s without issue.

When sitting on the app home screen, inbound call ringing shows up as expected, allowing you to answer or decline. however, with the app running in the background or the device on lock, ring notifications do not trigger, only the missed call notification after the caller has hung up.

I have put both 6s devices next ot eachother and check background app settings and notifications. they are the same. re-installing the app doesn't make any difference. i have tested the users account on both devices and on one it works as expected, locke screen and minimised app call ringing notifications show up fine.

Any idea's chaps/chappesses?

Rixy

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
Re: Micollab Mobile Iphone 6s - call notification issues
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
Wow, 84 views (at time of writing). this must be one of those needle in a haystack issues that noone else has come across. i've seen it on a couple more iphones now too.

I'm going to log directly with Miteland i'll keep this thread updated.

Rixy

Offline Tom2018

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:05:29 AM »
Hi Ricky,

you've to look into the MiCollab Client Administrator Guide.
There is the note, that the MiCollab Server requieres access to the Apple server api.push.apple.com:443
This is used to make the phone ring, when the application is not in the active foreground

regards,
Tom

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 05:03:49 AM »
Hi Ricky,

There is the note, that the MiCollab Server requieres access to the Apple server api.push.apple.com:443
This is used to make the phone ring, when the application is not in the active foreground

regards,
Tom

Cheers Tom,

Already verified this, and don't forget, all our other iphones are working fine.

I've made a bit of progression on this via a colleague, in that iOS 12 seems to be hit an miss. We've tested the same phone on a Micollab which is running server level 8.1.111 and this seems to resolve the issue. I have a 2nd phone that i'm waiting to test to verify this is not some kind of fluke.

Cheers

Rixy

Offline ibo422

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »
Hi Ricky,

regards,
Tom

Cheers Tom,

Already verified this, and don't forget, all our other iphones are working fine.

I've made a bit of progression on this via a colleague, in that iOS 12 seems to be hit an miss. We've tested the same phone on a Micollab which is running server level 8.1.111 and this seems to resolve the issue. I have a 2nd phone that i'm waiting to test to verify this is not some kind of fluke.

Cheers

Rixy

Hi Rixy,

Got any update on this? I have upgraded to the server level 8.1.111 and have still the same issue with iPhones.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 12:22:32 PM »
Check on your MBG settings under SIP Capabilities, There was a bug in a few MBG releases where it would not keep a connection open when set to TLS, Setting to UDP would prove this but upgrade to fix, Also ensure Prack is turned on.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 06:19:10 PM »
Is this the fix?  I did an installation in the summer (MiCollab 8.1.2.104 and MiVB 9.0 SP3) and I am getting reports that suggest push notification is not working.  All softphones are local via an MBG with FQDN and valid cert.

Offline cabarrushealth

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »
Hello, I'm experiencing same issue and wondering if anyone had a fix? Thanks

Offline Rozy_Clava

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2023, 08:37:16 AM »
I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to enable the notifications settings for the Phone app. https://thegeekpage.com/missed-call-notifications-not-showing-on-iphone-screen-fixed/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10