Author Topic: Button Removal Error  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Ryders

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Button Removal Error
« on: December 31, 2018, 04:55:09 PM »
I am having trouble removing a button from one of my Hot Desked phones. The line type is a specific group alert. Every time I try to remove it it gives me this message: "Existing remote DN resources must be deleted first.". Does anyone know how to do that? A locate number command returned that the number refers to a Non Prime Broadcast Group. Not sure if that is relevant though.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Button Removal Error
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
Try making the device no-resilient first and see what happens.

Ralph

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:05:29 AM »
In maintenance command: 

locate extension XXXX in both controller.  Make sure the PBX number is the same for the extension and remove the button from the primary PBX.

If not exactly the same order for the pbx number, you will have to use sds debug.

Offline Ryders

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 02:20:50 PM »
Thank you both for your replies. I removed the secondary element for the phone and tried removing the key again, but received the same message. After that I found the number in the Remote Directory Numbers area. I was able to remove it from the secondary controller but not the primary. When trying to remove it form the Primary controller it throws this error message, "Cannot delete the Remote Directory number on hosts.". Running a manual synchronization failed in Your Site Explorer so I am working on fixing that and then I will try it again. If I figure it out, I will post on this thread.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 03:34:24 PM »
You will have to use SDSDebug, but be carefull if you don't know what you are doing.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 06:25:41 PM »
You could try the below from maintenance terminal.

GDM CHECK USERANDSERVICE

GDM REPAIR USERANDSERVICE

Offline Ryders

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 01:25:52 PM »
I didn't actually find a proper fix for this, but I did find a work around. Since I don't know enough to use the SDS Debug feature I ended up assigning the line to another extension I created for just that purpose. It wasted a phone license but I think it will be cheaper than trying to hunt down that extension wherever it is and trying to remove it. Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 07:13:54 PM »
If you have a recent enough version of software you could create the extension as "Trusted" so that it doesn't burn a license.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10