Author Topic: MOH - couple questions  (Read 1682 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
MOH - couple questions
« on: December 11, 2018, 01:12:56 PM »
Hi folks.
Couple questions regarding MOH on the 3300.
First of all, is there a way to _download_ an existing embedded music file? I don't see any way in the GUI, but can it be done via CLI/FTP (or the GUI some other way I can't find?) I'm thinking I want a local copy of this file for future reference, so I can delete it and upload another one. There's just not enough space on these 3300's.
And secondly,
We have multiple tenants, each of which use a different MOH source. A couple use the 3300 embedded source, and 3 use on-hold-plus players associated with a DN (extensions 881-883.) I've changed every tenant from embedded to one of the externals (882) and it's still sourcing from the embedded file. I figured I might have to wait until the file plays out, but I'm pretty sure it's been far longer than that now. Is there some way to force the change from an embedded source to external?
Thanks in advance!
-dg

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MOH - couple questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
You will need to check your cos to make sure it is playing the moh for the user versus the trunk. Also yes you can copy the moh file out of the system via ftp. File will be in the /db/eMOH folder. You may not easily know which one is which via the file name, but file size might help

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 04:26:34 PM »
Thanks.
They were playing from the external units before I switched them all to embedded - one for each tenant. If I remember correctly it seemed to switch immediately. I didn't change any COS to make that work. Just changing them back from embedded to external just isn't switching back over... I guess I'll try rebooting tonight and see of that helps.
-dg

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 06:09:59 AM »
Rebooting the 3300 has corrected the MOH source. It is curious that I was able to switch from external to embedded on the fly, but not back. Sometimes one just has to take a solution without a good explanation...
-dg

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 05:50:11 PM »
Depending upon how external is configured, the analog main board will emulate an e&m trunk that is off hook I believe. That may need the reboot.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »
The Helpfiles confirm a reboot is required when programming the MOH.
If you assigned Music on Hold to an E&M port on the AMB (on a controller with embedded analog) reboot the controller to start Music on Hold operation. Or, if you assigned Music on Hold to a port on a Universal ASU E&M card, reload the Analog Services Unit to start Music on Hold operation.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10