Author Topic: NuPoint - Possible to add holidays to multiple call flows at the same time?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline mpprevost

• Contributer
    • View Profile
We use the MiCollab NuPoint and have about 25 auto attendants. Luckily, most of these don't use a schedule, but about 5 or 6 of them do. Is it possible to either add a single schedule to multiple auto attendants or maybe export a schedule and import to another auto attendant? We've got 11 holidays I have to put in along with any days we're closed or have modified hours due to weather, and it sure would be nice to only do all those dates once.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
No, you have to add them individually. I would think you could do some cloning/copying to make a little easier but only 5 or 6 isn't bad... If it was 15-20 I would look at a simpler solution, but really this shouldn't be too bad.

Offline mpprevost

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Agreed, it's not terrible. But I'd just rather do it once than 6 times with all 8 holidays. Thanks for the input!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Only 6 times, you are lucky...LOL

Offline JEllis5150

• View Profile
has anyone figured out a better way to do this? I have 11 holidays to add to 48 call flows. I seriously hate doing this. So tedious and time consuming for no reason. At least let me edit the current holiday schedule, copy paste, choose month instead of having to hit arrow over and over again.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This may be a method you can use, From my testing the holiday schedule follows the values in the mbox_XXXX.xml file in usr/vm/val5/CallFlows. IF the holidays are all the same, you could set one up and copy and paste to the others after an export via sftp then import after the change, overwritting the existing. Always good to make a backup before hand.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I did look into message id numbers, yes you can change them and play another message. If you do, you risk orphaned audio files.  In my test, I did reference an audio file in use elsewhere and there may be logic to not change the original.

If I get the time time, will set up a template with canned audio files and see what happens when changing a daughter flow. will need to make at least 2 from it to see how this works. FWIW, I use the templates to create most auto attendant callflows. I also use it to back up ones prior to a change in case I need to go back.

My basic template starts with a caller id filter then override. Override on...override menu, override off,,,holiday schedule. off hours holiday menu...on hours day/night schedule.off hours night menu...on hours day menu.

Using templates makes most actions ids number the same. This does help to say what greeting may need changing

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10