Author Topic: Hunt Groups and mystery of the On Hold  (Read 1333 times)

Offline HeadAgainstDesk

• View Profile
Hunt Groups and mystery of the On Hold
« on: December 09, 2018, 11:17:58 PM »
Hi All,

I am having an issue with a hunt group that was not having one of the members ring when the others would. I narrowed this down to the Hunt Group flag on the extension being set to remove. The other two extensions are set to Replace and have no issues in the default setup.

I changed this to replace and all was well until I have issue of calls that have been put on hold by one user ringing on the other extensions instead of remaining on hold.

If they are not answered, they then forward on to the attendant(?) as per normal.

I have inherited this system and have only previously used a 3300 system so a little out of my depth on this one.

Thanks for any assistance.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:25:26 PM by HeadAgainstDesk »

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hunt Groups and mystery of the On Hold
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:16:44 AM »
I have issue of calls that have been put on hold by one user ringing on the other extensions instead of remaining on hold.

Sorry I'm having trouble understanding the scenario above.

Can you elaborate with an example please?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 07:28:56 AM »
HeadAgainstDesk,

Quote from: HeadAgainstDesk
I changed this to replace and all was well until I have issue of calls that have been put on hold by one user ringing on the other extensions instead of remaining on hold.

Changing that flag has nothing to do with the issue. This issue would have been happening regardless of how that flag was set. This issue is most likely due to how the system is programmed for one or all three of the Hunt Group Members [not users].

How the system works [Modified]:

When a call is put on hold it will remain there until the Hold Timer expires and then it will go into the Recall state, ringing the deskphone that it was on hold on; this starts the Recall Timer. If the call was Transferred to Hold then it will Recall back to the originating answer points Transfer Recall Destination.

If the caller was put on Hold at the station and the Recall Timer expires, and it doesn't have an Attendant programmed it will then transfer to the Primary Attendant of the System, and if there isn't one programmed there it will be considered an Abandoned Call and disconnected.

If the caller was put on Hold by a Transfer to Hold feature [Park], and it doesn't get answered it will Recall to the Transfer Recall Destination of the phone that performed the Transfer to Hold; typically itself.

Now you need to take that information and try to match it up with how the phone is programmed. You will find most of the information that you need under the phones Associated Destinations.

Thanks,

TE

P.S.: Thanks DND ON I am still sick and this medicine is fogging up my mind.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:49:07 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
The above information isn't quite accurate.

A call placed on hold will remain on hold until the Hold Timer expires. It will then route to the Recall Destination, and stay there until the Recall Timer expires. Once that happens, the call is routed to the Attendant station.

System forwarding doesn't come in to play at all once a call is answered and placed on hold.

Offline HeadAgainstDesk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 05:44:01 PM »
Thanks everyone. I was suspecting it was timer related and attendant/destination related but it seems that when this was setup for us, they didn't give us enough access to check the timers so couldn't make any changes to confirm.

I will see what attendant information I can access and work from there.

I have also contacted our support provider for full access.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10