Author Topic: Call Screening - DID  (Read 1016 times)

Offline TooJive

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call Screening - DID
« on: December 07, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
Client's Issue: He's getting phone calls from vendors trying to get his business. He wants to be able to determine whether he is getting a call from someone he wants to speak with.

I have 2 DID's pointing to his extension, but from his perspective, he is unsure what DID is ringing his phone.

I thought about giving him a phantom mailbox that they can transfer unknown callers to that he can check. He didn't really like that idea, he wants the caller to ring his phone.

I thought about creating a phantom extension, pointing one of the DID's to it and call forwarding that extension to his phone. From his perspective he should be receiving a call from that extension and that should tell him that may be someone he doesn't want to speak with.

Is this phantom extension idea the only way to do this? I feel like there should be an easier way. If his phone could tell him which DID he is recieving a call from, that should work, but I don't think you can do that with this Mitel SX-200. If you can, I'm not sure how.

Any tips?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call Screening - DID
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
The "phantom" is the best way to do this on the 200... Put a Multicall key on the set and give it it's own mailbox and put a MWI key on the so they can see the messages. This must be a "real" extension with a port or set programmed so it does tie up a license in some cases.

Offline TooJive

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 03:26:11 PM »
AceJavelin - Having some issues with this one still. I've got a phantom programmed that rings the users phone when called (CFAlways) BUT it will never be prompted to leave a voicemail. It will transfer to front desk. Any other Admin extension that calls the user will be prompted to leave a voicemail, but not the phantom. Using the same CoS and Tenant as Admin phones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 03:45:26 PM »
AceJavelin - Having some issues with this one still. I've got a phantom programmed that rings the users phone when called (CFAlways) BUT it will never be prompted to leave a voicemail. It will transfer to front desk. Any other Admin extension that calls the user will be prompted to leave a voicemail, but not the phantom. Using the same CoS and Tenant as Admin phones.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you add a mailbox for that extension and record a greeting?

Offline TooJive

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 08:50:13 PM »
[Did you add a mailbox for that extension and record a greeting?

Phantom extension does not, but user's extension does and doesn't want to have 2 mailboxes. User only wants his original extension mailbox.

When an (phantom) extension is call forwarded, why would the call not go to the cf extensions mailbox? Why would the call be routed to the phantom extensions mailbox?

Edit: How is a call forward different from a transfer? Hmm maybe I need to look into that question a little more to understand.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:51:54 PM by TooJive »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10